- If I had been born with a sense of smell, I would have liked to go into something culinary-related. The idea of being a chef sounds super cool, but I seriously doubt I could ever actually do anything worthwhile in a culinary career with anosmia. I know there are a lot of things I just can’t taste (onions, garlic, many herbs, to name a few), so I’m sure my ability to combine flavors and make subtle awesomeness with food combos is very limited.
- Hey, so Amazon, why the hell is this thing a “top pick” for me? Since when have I expressed any interest in toilet brushes? I like how Amazon’s algorithm picked up on the one time I accidentally clicked on a bath bomb and extrapolated to toilet brushes, but I can look at 60% of the Leibniz books that Amazon sells and still not get any Leibniz-related recommended items.
- GOD DAMMIT WHY
- You know a sports team is doing badly when…
- This is fun.
- I just remembered part of the weird dream I had last night. Amazon had opened up a new portion of its online store called “Manazon” where you could buy “man things” like beards, shaving tools, and penis polishers (????).
- I have O Come, All Ye Faithful stuck in my head. Because, you know, it’s the Christmas season and all that.
This list is mostly about music. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.
- I forgot how good of a song this is. I originally heard it in a commercial like 12 years ago and subsequently found a recording of it online somewhere. Because it was 12 years ago, the best I could do was record the song through the air using an external mic. It was pretty crappy quality, so I never listened to the song very much. BUT NOW I HAVE THIS VERSION!
- I’ve really been enjoying Studio Killers lately. Their music videos are pretty awesome, too. Jenny, Ode to the Bouncer, Eros and Apollo
- As an almost perfect analogy of what my brain has been doing to every happy experience I’ve had these past few months, have a guy turning happy songs into their “sad” versions.
- Guilty pleasure music video: Justin Bieber’s Sorry. I don’t know why I like it so much, but I do.
- If this scene is not in the new animated Beauty and the Beast, then there’s no point in going to see it:
- That, by the way, is from the classic YouTube poop “Gaston’s Ultimate Mission to Obtain Some Taco Bell.” Watch it. You won’t be disappointed.
- Every once and awhile YouTube recommends a video for me that seems to be completely unrelated to anything I’ve ever watched before. One such recent video was a makeup review by makeup artist Jeffree Star. Now I’m pretty much addicted to his videos because he’s hysterical and his reviews are actually really good. I’ve never been much into makeup (mainly because I think I look bad no matter what I put on my face and because I have no concept of how to actually apply anything other than foundation and too much eyeshadow), but I like watching his reviews. I like seeing the different products that are out there.
- THIS IS SO PRETTY I WANT IT
- My goal this month is to walk 15+ miles six days a week. Not sure if that’s actually going to happen, but I’m going to give it a try. It’s worked so far!
- I need to start going to the rec center on a regular schedule again. I was doing it (for the most part) last semester, but I haven’t been doing too hot this year. I feel like going, but every time I go out the door to go to school or whatever, I just want to walk. I don’t want to be stuck in a little building. But I’m paying for it and they’ve got weights there, so I should probably start going again.
- They weren’t expecting THE ANOSMICS!!!!
- I love this city.
- I still love this video of the croissant robots. The music makes it fantastic.
- Here’s a picture of me in a bag, circa 2007.
- One of my favorite things about Reddit is how you can find a sub for almost anything and that sub will be a community that expresses their genuine love for a topic/hobby/idea/whatever, no matter how popular or obscure that something is.
- The small part of my brain that didn’t hate my recently-deleted NaNo wants to go back and give it another shot, because I kind of liked the premise of it all but hated pretty much everything else.
- I miss this stupid show so much. I need to watch it again.
- What the hell is this sculpture, Calgary?
- This screaming is basically my internal dialogue. All the time.
- Edit: Jesus Christ, internet.
- What the hell is this song? This is great.
- Penis jokes? Penis jokes.
“Now I don’t know who lives here but it’s TIME TO WAKE UUUUUUUUUUP!”
Gotta love the internet, man.
Gotta love the internet.
- Holy hot damn, this has been a good year for music. There hasn’t been an extraordinary number of five-star songs, but there have been a lot of four-star ones that have been extra good. Example, example, example. It’s like 2013 all over again.
- I found this Klein bottle website like five years ago, but had forgotten about it until randomly finding it again tonight. I totally want those Klein bottle earrings.
- I found a just-opened Anytime Fitness that’s only a 15-minute walk from campus (as I’ve mentioned before). I’m in the middle of a free 7-day trial there, and I love it. I’m getting back into running, as I mentioned on Saturday, and because nobody knows that the gym is open yet (or even that it’s there), it’s super empty and quiet. I’ve been the only one on the top floor (where all the cardio equipment is) the last few times I’ve been there.
- Nostalgia! I used to watch this when I was a kid. My mom can confirm.
- AND THIS:
- ZOMG, somebody uploaded all the TaleSpin episodes to YouTube. Time to binge watch my childhood.
- I’MMA COMMIN’ BACK TO MOSCOW! For a week, that is. My mom’s picking me up tomorrow and I’m going to spend next week in the ‘Scow. This is mainly because we both miss each other and I don’t know when I’ll be able to visit next.
- It’s taking all my willpower not to go buy like 1,000 Pokemon cards, I’m not even kidding.
- OH MY GODDDD
- I made a salad tonight and put so much pepper on it that it tasted like it shot out of the devil’s anus. As disgusting as that sounds, it was actually really damn good.
- I CAN’T BELIEVE I GET TO TEACH AGAIN OMFG I’M SO EXCITED
- I wonder who my TAs will be. It would be super weird if they were people I know, like Charles or Tayler.
I thought this list was going to be longer. NOPE.
This is a “I don’t have anything interesting to blog about so here’s some crap disguised as one of my monthly lists” list. In other words, IT’S A FRAUD, JUST LIKE ME!
- I wish my thesis defense was over and done with. Like, at this point I just want to finish it, pass or not.
- (I lied. I really want to pass.)
- I like how these “list” posts are just an excuse for me to plug my favorite vines.
- I want a Bod Pod analysis done. It’s supposed to be pretty accurate in determining body composition (% fat, % muscle, etc.). There’s a place in Calgary that does it for $70. Seriously thinking about it.
- Speaking of Calgary, this restaurant is one I found on Yelp due to its good reviews. The menu looks pretty nice!
- Pokemon Go is fantastic. Team Instinct FTW!
- I should be able to hit 1,000 walking miles by August 15 if I keep up my current pace. That will mean that I can do 1,000 miles in three months. Which also means I’ve been slacking off, ‘cause I’ve never actually done 1,000 miles that quickly before.
- I’m going to say it: I like American Dad better than Family Guy. Despite the fact that the families/styles/whatever are so similar, I think American Dad is better. Stan is more likeable than Peter and I just think American Dad’s episode stories are better. So there.
- What is the big goddamn deal with the transgender bathroom nonsense? Just let people pee, seriously. This is not something that should be so difficult to handle.
- CANNOT WAIT TO GET MARRIED
- It’s comforting to know that the A St. sidewalk is the same pedestrian deathtrap it’s always been. Good to be back in Moscow for a bit.
- Oh, I’m back in Moscow, by the way.
- CANNOT WAIT TO BE DONE WITH THIS THESIS
- I think I might need to go to the UI rec center a few times while I’m here. I miss that place so much, you have no idea.
- I’ve mentioned this website before, but here it is again in case you’re like me and think these t-shirts are fantastic. If he ever makes a Leibniz one, I’m buying forty of them.
It’s the April List and the LAST LIST BEFORE A DECADE OF BLOGGING!
- Since I’ve been in study mode, I’ve been listening to a lot of brown noise. It’s like white noise, but a little bit lower (?) and sounds a lot like the ocean. It really helps me concentrate. Here’s brown noise for 8 hours.
- A few of our practice problems for the exam involve the use of integration. I’m always careful to take the time to draw my integral sign as nicely as possible, ‘cause it’s a freaking awesome symbol and ‘cause of Leibniz.
- (Mostly ‘cause of Leibniz.)
- I did a thing! I don’t want to mention specifically what it was, since I don’t want to jinx it, but I did a thing. Hopefully it will turn out well.
- Pretty jewelry! If I had money (and wore jewelry), I’d get the necklace with the constellation Aquarius on it.
- I want tomorrow to be over already. I’m so done with all this nonsense right now, man, you have no idea.
- Sorry this is so short.
It’s the March list, you poop machines*! Let’s get it on.
- I’m always so cold all the damn time. Well, except right when I wake up in the mornings. My body heat just kind of craps out on me during the day. You’d think my Rage of 1,000 Suns would keep me warm, but no.
- Every time I start missing Vancouver, I have to force myself to remember that I was not happy there. Ever. My brain is really good at taking bad past situations and reworking them to make me think, “nah, it wasn’t all that bad.” But Vancouver was. Vancouver was awful.
- OH MY GOD, okay, so for whatever reason, a memory just popped into my head about this game called “Chex Quest” I played when I was a kid. The game—of course—was made to promote Chex cereal. I think the CD came in a box of said cereal, if I remember correctly. Anyway, it was basically Doom, but with cereal. Here’s the intro:
*I use “poop machines” in its most positive sense. I love all y’all.
- Interesting. I’m just a little below the world average BMI for my age.
- I got a 28/30 on my test! YAY
- WHAT. WHATTHESHIT. LOVE:
- I upgraded to Windows 10 on Big Compy. The only thing it seemed to mess up was The Sims. The game is nowhere to be found. TIME FOR A RE-INSTALL I NEED MY SIMS FIX
- I don’t know when the hell I’m going to end up posting these blogs, but I’m going to apologize now for not having them up for like four months at least. I’m finding it hard to give a crap about them right now.
- Actually, I’m finding it hard to give a crap about anything at the moment. I WONDER WHY
- Screw this.
- Need to extract tables from a PDF? Try this!
- I like a good number of the clothes here.
- This sounds super shallow, but I’m going to be sad once my hair starts going grey. I like my black hair. Yes, I know, I could dye it, but…blah.
- This is a cool looking store, too.
- Haha, this is a great music video. Love the animation style.
I DON’T HAVE MUCH TO SAY.
- OH MY GOD I can’t wait until my final is over tomorrow. This has been a very long semester and I’m ready for it to end.
- I was talking to Nate about this a while ago, but for some reason I just remembered it, so I’ll put it on this list: how much different would baseball be if the innings “carried over”? Like, say a team has two men on base and then the guy at bat strikes out or something and the inning is over. Instead of “resetting” when they’re at bat again, like they do, what if whoever was on base at the third out just went back out and stood wherever they were? I wonder how much that would change the game.
- Word recognizes “Hahaha” as a word but not “Hahahaha.” Weird.
- Edit to the above: Apparently “Hahaha” is the name of a South Korean film, so maybe that’s why it’s recognized? Dunno.
- Waaaaaant this semester to eeeeeeeeeeeeend…
- Fisher-centric website!
- Unlike the first time I did grad school, I actually feel excited about doing my thesis this time around. I’m glad it will lead to more grad school, too. I kind of had a feeling it wouldn’t last time.
- There’s going to be a Carl’s Jr. opening up here. Or maybe it already has opened. Isn’t that weird? I thought that was a southern US thing.
- I have a very strong urge to work more on Prime, but my deal with myself is that I don’t get to work on it again until my thesis is done and defended.
- (I should just shut up, ‘cause I totally failed at NaNoWriMo this year anyway. Unless I can write 50,000 words in four days. Which I probably can’t.)
- I’m excited about my 10 year anniversary for blogging. That’s a long damn time to be clogging up the internet tubes with my nonsense.