More fake ballin’, yo.
The NL West has a tight race right now. Poor Expos, though, haha.
We’re ten weeks into the (fake) season! Here’s what’s what:
Simulation Adrian Gonzalez got his 2,000th hit, so that’s kinda cool.
Simulation Matz is hurt, though, so that’s not cool at all. ALL THE SIMULATED METS PLAYERS ARE HURT WHAT THE FREAKING CRAPPLES
FAKEBALL IS HERE ON SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYS!!!!
(Sorry, I’m hyper)
Here’s the standings after nine weeks:
It’s going to be interesting to see if there’s less separation between the team performances than there was in real life in 2017 due to the fact that the super talented players are more spread out across all the teams instead of with the teams with the most money. We’ll see!
Here are the standings at week 8. Simulation Cespedes is hurt and Simulation Chase Utley hit for the cycle, so y’know, that’s great.
Here are the standings at week 7! We’re starting to see a little bit of separation now.
Poor Yukon and Yellowknife. It’s too cold up there for baseball, haha.
Here are the updated current standings for week 5! Simulation Syndegaard is still hurt. Simulation Zack Wheeler is also out for the season with a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament, which sounds pretty gnarly (and sucks ‘cause his ERA was 1.70 so far).
I suspect the reason that Vancouver is doing so badly is because they’re all freaking sad that they have to play in Vancouver.
Here are the updated current standings. No one is really pulling ahead at this point, but it’s very early in the season still.
Here are the updated current standings. Go Calgary! Haha.
Here are the updated current standings.
Other news: Simulation Syndergaard has already been injured like three times (just like the real 2017?), so he’s sitting right now.
Tune in next Sunday!
Alright, nerds, here is the finalized list of my fake baseball teams for my fake Canadian League Baseball simulation that I’ll start tomorrow. I tried to make most of the names relevant to the city/province/territory, but some of them are just “I couldn’t think of anything else so here’s some alliteration to make things sound good.”
Edit: I LIED, I’d forgotten to give Saint John a name. So I called them the Saints. Fight me.
- Alberta: The Alberta Bulls
- Anchorage: The Anchorage Timberwolves
- British Columbia: The BC Bears
- Calgary: The Calgary Cowboys
- Edmonton: The Edmonton Oil Barons
- Fredericton: The Fredericton Fighters
- London: The London Chaps
- Halifax: The Halifax Dreadhawks
- Hamilton: The Hamilton Steelers
- Manitoba: The Manitoba Lakers
- Montreal: The Montreal Expos
- Newfoundland: The Newfoundland Hounds
- Nova Scotia: The Nova Scotia Mariners
- Nunavut: The Nunavut Miners
- Ontario: The Ontario Horseshoes
- Ottawa: The Ottawa Monarchs
- Prince Edward Island: The Prince Edward Islanders
- Quebec: The Quebec Rebels
- Regina: The Regina Giants
- Saint John: The Saint John Saints
- Saskatchewan: The Saskatchewan Tornadoes
- Saskatoon: The Saskatoon Sabers
- Thunder Bay: The Thunder Bay Lightning
- Toronto: The Toronto Blue Jays
- Vancouver: The Vancouver Blues
- Victoria: The Victoria Royals
- Windsor: The Windsor Welders
- Winnipeg: The Winnepeg Warriors
- Yellowknife: The Yellowknife Blizzards
- Yukon: The Yukon Gold
Tune in tomorrow for the official intro to this project!