Because I’m garbage, too! And I already did a June List, so I can’t use that as an excuse to post this worthless nonsense.
Have some awesome pasta. How good does this look? So much cheese.
Or some writing material.
Miss Trunchbull’s cake, maybe?
Pancakes. Pancakes are always good.
That’s all I got. Sorry, in thesis stress mode. It’s not a happy place.
So I found an interesting thingy. From the website: “This service applies linguistic analytics and personality theory to infer attributes from a person’s unstructured text.” Basically, you can use someone’s Twitter account (with or without replies) or a body of text and see what’s what with their personality.
Let’s give it a shot!
My Twitter* sez:
“You are a bit critical, skeptical and can be perceived as indirect.
You are self-focused: you are more concerned with taking care of yourself than taking time for others. You are reserved: you are a private person and don’t let many people in. And you are self-conscious: you are sensitive about what others might be thinking about you.
Your choices are driven by a desire for prestige.
You consider independence to guide a large part of what you do: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them. You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.”
Eh, I suppose. Traits:
And here’s the results from entering the text of that Vancouver thing I wrote. It’s probably the longest “personal” thing I’ve written in a long time:
“You are inner-directed, shrewd and strict.
You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. And you are calm-seeking: you prefer activities that are quiet, calm, and safe.
You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of well-being.
You are relatively unconcerned with both tradition and achieving success. You care more about making your own path than following what others have done. And you make decisions with little regard for how they show off your talents.”
Twitter’s more accurate, I think, but that’s probably because my nonsense tweets have zero filter and are basically me just rambling about garbage.
*Yes, I still hate the fact I have a Twitter and, on occasion, tweet. Feel free to hate me.
Hello, fellow humans!
Have some Tumblr crap, ‘cause I’m like in the weeks between “school panic” and “relaxing with my mom” right now, so not much is going on.
Except “I’m in the weeks between “school panic” and “relaxing with my mom” right now” panic.
I miss Ray!
I AM DEAD from that freaking test, man.
Have some of my favorite bookmarks, ‘cause I’m pretty much worthless for anything else today.
- 5 Second Films. Because they’re the best.
- This site gives you letters one by one and you have to make words out of them in a timed environment.
- Dogwood Ceramics. Want clay and glaze and related art tools? This is the place!
- Want to look at recipes? Foodgawker!
- I’ve linked to this before, but if you want to read fiction with a mathematical theme, go here!
- Powder Game. I remember Aaron playing this for HOURS when we first discovered it.
- A list of good redwood hikes, in case you ever get to northern California and want to see some amazing trees.
- Wind map for the US.
Because I’ve been working a lot on my thesis stuff and I need a break. These are all pretty short, so…yeah.
I don’t know if it’s because it’s 4 in the morning or what, but this is beyond hysterical.
Edit: It’s 3 PM the next day and this is still the best thing ever.
I’m sorry, I love Vine. Take my hatred for Twitter and translate it into love. That’s how much I love Vine.
So have some Vines.
Edit: here are some more!
Hahaha, this is great.
I don’t even have a Lamborghini account, let alone 47 Lamborghinis in it.
Good lord, I love the internet.
Have some more wonderful Beauty and the Beast YouTube Poop.
Well, this is…something.
Okay, so I know I’ve posted a bunch of examples from That Can Be My Next Tweet, but I think the results are hysterical, so here are some more. Please ignore the fact that I have a Twitter account. I hate myself for it, if that’s any consolation.
- Wow brain, thanks for rocking. Here’s hoping 2013 is like the Oxford comma. LAWL.
- I automatically start every written comment with the keyboard does not allowed to Shut Up. What logical!
- I’m not to analyze the audience. Mock teaching/training day! Probably should be damned! Party time!
- Hitting 500 miles soon; hitting 1,000,000 steps sooner. In related news: I am 10,000 days old today. Love.
- I get way too emotionally invested in my grades! The solar flares are BLOWING MY MIND!
- The universe works in the first few paragraphs of the “Bird” Wikipedia page.
- My thoughts are coming! Happy birthday, Leibniz! 750 miles! One final left asffsdfhghdfhsdkfsdfafghfff 7.
- It’s a Fjord? HAHA SCREW SLEEP I’M MAKING C++ JOKES MAKE IT STOP Calculus, could you marry calculus?
- Stealth dust devils? Not quite sure, but I just had a dilapidated casaba? Photoshop just told you I didn’t?
- My life is trying to recover after a picture of sleep deprivation. I was defective. Um… Shoutout.
- Is it inappropriate to jive? The weather is you two days into depression mode. Dude, l’Hôpital? —?
- I am a large sample size. I supposed to be tired? HELL NO, I’M MAKING C++ JOKES!
- I HAVE 69 TWEETS AND oh I think it’s confused. Why is my eardrum to my toe. Also, happy birthday?
- I just spent 30 minutes laughing at a migraine. SORRY BODY, SLEEP IS FOR MORTALS! The universe works!
- Apparently I’m supposed to jive? The solar flares are with the 1,000 mile mark! That’s resume material.
- HaHA, Visual Basic is a Rubik’s Tesseract. What. Amazing scientific discoveries > sleep. Sorry, brain.
- I’ve walked 180 km exploring the Tweet window like a French-Canadian version of a superhero.
- I automatically start every written comment with half an adult. Tonight I am the “Bird” Wikipedia page.
- Forecast, you go home, open your fridge, and think. Wow, it’s only the wake of angst!
- Had Lord Kelvin done nothing with a large sample size, I think I feel very, very alone. I feel very, very.
I am BORED and NERVOUS FOR NO REASON, so you get old YouTube videos as my blog for today. I’ve posted the vast majority of these on there at one point or another, but I’m too nervous to think of anything interesting to blog about instead, so there ya go.
That is so old now, holy crap.
Historians around the world agree that that is the most accurate depiction of Hitler. And the way Captain Planet busts through that wall at 3:37 is still hysterical. They show an OPEN WINDOW at 0:59. Why didn’t he just fly through that? It would have hurt a lot less, I can guarantee. “CAPTAIN PLANET, HE’S OUR HERO; GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO Z-oh, he’s unconscious after breaking through that wall.”
The rooster noises, oh my god.
(note: all YouTube versions because they’re easier to embed)
Alright, so here’s another example of why I love the internet. Some guy uploads this Vine, right?
(Actually I think it was uploaded somewhere else first, but the Vine is what made it popular.)
You can always trust the internet to take things to the next step.
That last one is the best.
I feel like garbage, so have some internet stuff instead of an actual blog post.
Haha, what am I saying? You’d probably all prefer that to my actual blog posts, anyway.
I have a couple Tumblr blogs that I “follow” (read: stalk but don’t actually follow Tumblr-style) and one of them has been consistently commenting “WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOSE” on every…I don’t know, 10th thing they post. It took me a little bit to figure out where this was coming from, but I found it: Vine, of course!
Here’s a compilation of “WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOSE” edits, with the original vine being the first video in the set.
It’s probably an annoying to most people but I just find it hysterical for some reason.
Edit: Hahahahaha, oh my god, this is the greatest.
What the hell, internet.
Ahoy again, faithful readers! (Who probably won’t see this until June when I finally post the damn thing…)
So there’s a site called Mechanical Turk that is run by Amazon. Basically, you can sign up as a worker and do tasks for requesters. Usually the requester’s tasks are things like answering survey questions or other things for companies/universities/etc. If you qualify and complete a task, you get paid by the requester.
So far this totally sounds like a “make money quick” website that’s in actuality a scam, but it’s not! It’s legitimately run through Amazon and you actually do get paid (without giving away your personal information or anything like that). I’ve been using it since mid-2014 (and I actually don’t know why I’ve never blogged about it before) and haven’t had a single issue with it being any sort of scam.
And while you do earn legit money, you definitely don’t earn a lot very quickly, especially if you just do the tasks in your spare time. For example, since the middle of last year when I started using it, I’ve earned a total of $171. The biggest payment for a task that I’ve ever done is $4.00, but most of the ones I do are worth a dollar or 80 cents or something like that. If you take a qualifying test you can be allowed to work on the audio transcription tasks, which are usually worth a lot more ($40+), but I haven’t done that yet because I’m too lazy to do transcriptions, haha.
But yeah, $171 is better than nothing, and it gives you something to do if you have a spare few minutes every night or something like that. And like I said, it’s actually legitimate, and a good way to earn a bit of spare money if you wanted to.