Seriously. This is one of my new favorite songs. (Probably not a five-star, but pretty close!)
That nonsense is live, holy hell.
This freaking group, man. This song is beautifullllllll.
There’s something really familiar about it for some reason, but I don’t know why.
Woah, Coldplay. Woah.
Crank this up and sit in a dark room.
This reminds me of Muse’s Madness in the “this is by one of my favorite groups but doesn’t sound at all like them but it’s even more magnificent because of that” sense.
Apparently there are a lot of mixed feelings about this song, but I really like it. Give it a listen and decide for yourself.
Also: it’s Anosmia Awareness Day today! Go hug a non-smeller and check out this blog run by someone who has anosmia.
Guys. This deserves its own blog. Because that freaking beat is NNNNNNNNNFFF.
Of course, I’m talking about Gottfried Leibniz’ birthday!
The world has been without your physical presence for too long, my friend. Reincarnate so that I can date you stalk you pet your wig admire your genius in a completely appropriate and non-creepy manner.
Was going to buy some Choco Leibniz today, but I forgot. Instead, I made this:
I was listening to my music in the car the other day and realized how well Bittersweet Symphony would go with something from Coldplay. So I gave it a shot.
Happy birthday, my main man. <3
This is one of the greatest things I’ve heard in awhile.
Badass Coldplay song + badass Dethklok lyrics = extra super badass song.
Is it sad that this…calms me? I’ve listened to it on repeat for about 20 minutes now and I’m really chilled out.
Now we just need Nathan Explosion singing the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle to the music of Paradise.
Two joyous items:
1. Hulu now has ALL SIX SEASONS of Chicago Hope. Must acquire money to get Hulu Plus. It’s a total ripoff in general, but it’s worth it to see the rest of the CH seasons.
2. The Piano Guys (two of the best musicians on YouTube) + Coldplay’s Paradise (one of the best songs ever) = this fantasticness:
Also, I forgot how much I love running.
Things that are surprisingly easy to do:
– Withdraw from a Canadian university for medical reasons.
– Hire a company to pack all your apartment’s crap and haul it across the country for you.
– Love Coldplay’s new song Paradise. OH MY GOODNESS SO MUCH LOVE FIVE STARS FIVE STARS FIVE STARS.
Things that are surprisingly difficult to do:
– Cancel your Canadian credit card.
– Transfer Canadian funds to a US account.
– Terminate a Canadian cell phone contract.
– Send medical info from the US to Canada.
– Figure out how much money you’re getting for being a TA for part of a month.
– Doing all of the above in the exact appropriate order so that it all works out in the end.
Hooray stress! Perhaps today’s meme entry will alleviate anxiety.
30-Day Meme – Day 22: Your deepest fear.
Haha, nope, no stress relief. I’m afraid of failure. Failure defined on my own terms. I’d go into more detail but I’m getting really
distracted by the slot machines behind me (I’m stuck in the Las Vegas International Airport for four more hours) and I’m super tired of traveling, so I’m just going to leave things off here.
This “new song a day” thing is really probably the best resolution I’ve ever made. Why? Because when you actively seek out a new song everyday, you’re bound to stumble across awesome stuff like this:
When they drop into Viva La Vida at 3:44, I think my heart stopped. The subsequent singing didn’t help.
Oh, and here’s something to satisfy everyone’s English geekery:
Edit: and you know what song sounds freakishly cool played backwards? Cut Copy’s Lights and Music. Just FYI.
Today’s song: Rain by Mika (yeah, I had to)