Because I have nowhere to go to do any external screaming without getting weird looks/making a scene/getting the cops called on me.
But *internal screaming* is to the max.
So the Bow is really high.
That’s part of the River Walk that runs under Centre Street. They’ve got it closed off because of the amount of water that’s pooling in that low portion.
IN OTHER NEWS, I think I gave myself runner’s knee. I had no idea runner’s knee was a thing, but ever since I did the dumb of jumping from “run a 10k every other week or so” to “let’s run two half-marathons in a week because we can!” my left knee has been giving me some issues. Not enough issues to make me stop walking (it would basically take my entire leg falling off to make me stop walking, let’s be honest), but it starts to hurt after about 12 miles or so.
At least, I’m assuming it’s runner’s knee. Hopefully not something more serious.
‘Cause like hell I’m seeing a doctor.
My incompetence makes me physically ill.
I do not deserve the people in my life who put up with me.
Hell, I don’t deserve my life, period.
People who deserve a better wife: Nate
People who have a husband that is way too good to them: Me
People who should be thrown into the river: Also me
Holy hell crackers, this is beyond incredible.
How is this even earth? It’s so surreal and otherworldly.
I’ve seen a full cloud inversion in real life before, back in 2011 over Lewiston. Here’s my much less impressive (but still awesome!) shot of that:
- If I had been born with a sense of smell, I would have liked to go into something culinary-related. The idea of being a chef sounds super cool, but I seriously doubt I could ever actually do anything worthwhile in a culinary career with anosmia. I know there are a lot of things I just can’t taste (onions, garlic, many herbs, to name a few), so I’m sure my ability to combine flavors and make subtle awesomeness with food combos is very limited.
- Hey, so Amazon, why the hell is this thing a “top pick” for me? Since when have I expressed any interest in toilet brushes? I like how Amazon’s algorithm picked up on the one time I accidentally clicked on a bath bomb and extrapolated to toilet brushes, but I can look at 60% of the Leibniz books that Amazon sells and still not get any Leibniz-related recommended items.
- GOD DAMMIT WHY
- You know a sports team is doing badly when…
- This is fun.
- I just remembered part of the weird dream I had last night. Amazon had opened up a new portion of its online store called “Manazon” where you could buy “man things” like beards, shaving tools, and penis polishers (????).
- I have O Come, All Ye Faithful stuck in my head. Because, you know, it’s the Christmas season and all that.
AAAAAAAAAAH check out this nail polish!
‘Twas a gift from someone who I’m not going to mention, as I never asked if I could name them on my blog, but how cool is this? Super Sparkle 2017.
So it’s FINALLY getting warmer up here (sort of), which means it’s time to start transitioning into “summer walking pants” as opposed to my thicker “winter walking pants.”
I put on the summer ones for the first time a few days ago, and wow…I forgot how faded they’d gotten last summer.
Yes, that’s fade. The top part of the pants are their original color–that portion is always covered by my shirt. The rest? Faded as hell.
What the hell is all this, now? IT’S FREAKING APRIL, CALGARY, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS
It’s not even regular snow. It’s rain secretly disguised as giant-ass snowflakes that turn into rain as soon as they touch anything. Which means I had to look like a doofus with an umbrella in the snow while I did my walk this morning. It also meant that—ONCE AGAIN—the sidewalks were covered in slushy crap the entire morning/afternoon.
Not enjoyable at all.
And considering that walking is currently the only thing keeping me from having a complete mental breakdown as of late, that’s not a good thing.
Every once and awhile, my hair will do this natural curl thing. And it’s awesome.
Except, like in this picture, it’s usually only one small piece of my hair and the rest remains frizzy/fluffy/dead to the world/obnoxious.
(Yes, my shirt is covered in cat hair. My life is covered in cat hair. Deal with it.)
Okay, so I know I post a time lapse or panning video of Calgary like every month or so on here, but I really do love this city and this particular video has awesome music and awesome shots.
I just spent like an hour browsing around this website. Clouds are awesome!
Dafuq are your Kinvaras? I’ve checked three different Sport Chek stores and a few other outdoorsy stores and there isn’t a single Kinvara to be found.
I HAVE HOLES IN MY SHOES AND I AM IN SERIOUS NEED OF REPLACEMENTS
Is it so cold again?
We’re 11 days away from spring and it’s -17 out there.
Canada, I am disappoint.