The November List, more specifically.
- Ugh, Muse. Another good one, I see.
- Jacob deGrom won the National League Cy Young Award! Well-deserved.
- So I’ve been having this thing lately where every once and a while, my sense of…I don’t know…equilibrium (?) gets all screwed up and it feels/looks like the whole world is tilting one direction for a second or two. Not sure what that’s all about, but when it happens while I’m out walking, I actually do stumble a bit and walk uncontrollably off the sidewalk in the direction that things are tilting. Then it’s all back to normal in like two seconds.
- I want my FRIGGIN BLOG BOOK. Canada Post, why?
- Is it just me or has this felt like the longest year ever? I was just looking back through my old Twitter posts and thinking, “holy hell, that happened this year?”
- I’m on pace to get 4,000+ miles this year, but there’s no way I’m going to hit 5,000 again, unfortunately. I’m still walking a lot, but it’s nowhere near the “walk until I pee blood” levels that 2017 was.
- I may have some news soon, but I don’t want to jinx it before I know for sure.
- I was feeling extra down yesterday. I mean, I’ve been feeling down for pretty much this entire year, but yesterday was worse than usual. Then I realized it was November 14th yesterday, the day that Leibniz died in 1716, and I’m pretty sure that I feel that in my soul every year. So that explains things.
When you’re watching movie or reading a book, do you think about which character you’d play if you were to be in a remake of said movie or book?
Or is that just me and my weird-ass desire to make strange remakes of things that star myself and my friends?
(This is something that I’ve always wanted to do ever since I was a little kid. I have no idea why.)
So after like five years of talking about it, I finally did it: I finally made and ordered a paper copy of my blogs.
Well, for now, just Year 1. I’m going to see how it looks and how I like the binding/print/look of it all, and if it’s neato Frito, I’mma do all the rest of the years. I’ll show it to y’all once it comes in the mail.
And yes, I just said “neato Frito.” Fight me.
Edit: damn you, Canada Post, I want my bloggggggggggggs. Now I know how my readers feel.
Cooking dinner makes me anxious.
That’s…really dumb, but unfortunately true.
That’s all I have to say today, sorry.
So remember that L.L. Bean backpack that was brand new last October?
Yeah, it looks like this now.
Faded, just like my will to live.
This is what happens when I take it out walking for four hours a day (and occasionally haul around $12 worth of broccoli for several miles).
I’m pretty rough on backpacks.
Oh wait, it’s October 2nd?
YOU COULD’VE FOOLED ME
(and this was taken this morning, before another eight or so inches of snow fell)
Edit: holy hell, it’s a snowy death trap out there.
Edit 2: apparently this is the snowiest October day since like 1957. Also, this September was the coldest September ever recorded in Calgary. I can believe it.
I still prefer this kind of weather to the rainy hell that was Vancouver, though.
Edit 3: hahaha:
- Freaking Nate’s gotten me so into baseball that the end of the regular season = severe baseball withdrawal.
- After getting off to a ridiculously good start, the Mets’ season was…well, awful. But they ended on three good notes: 1) Jacob deGrom has a very strong case for being the Cy Young Award winner; 2) David Wright’s last game, which was super touching and awesome; 3) Their offence in the last third or so of the season was actually quite good.
- I am digging this song. Super catchy and all four of those ladies are ridiculously pretty.
- Jesus Christ, I want spaghetti.
- It’s snowing like hell outside. It’s the beginning of October. Kill me.
- W H Y A M I S O S A D ?
- I don’t have anything else, bye.
Heeeey, so we’ve got freezing temperatures and snow in September because of course we do.
But here’s a pretty bench picture I took, so I guess it’s all okay.
So due to the OH GOD IT HURTS unseasonably cold weather we’ve been getting this month, I’ve had to transition (at least temporarily) to my winter walking clothes.
This made me realize that I’ve never told you what I wear on my walks based on the season.
I’m sure you don’t actually care, but I’mma talk about it anyway. Because this is my blog and I suck and thus this blog should suck accordingly.
- Short-sleeve shirt
- Pants (stretchy, breathable, has a butt pocket for iPod)
- (Plus underwear, bra, shoes)
- Same as summer, except add a light jacket
- Short-sleeve shirt
- Pants (thick, not breathable, fuzzy warm)
- Tights (extra protection from cold)
- Headphones (to protect my ears from the cold)
- Gloves (I dual-wield those cheap $2 gloves because I’m pathetic)
- Winter coat (I swear this thing is made of the same stuff that protects the space shuttle during re-entry. It’s such a good coat and it only cost like $5 because I got it at Goodwill)
- (Plus underwear, bra, shoes)
These are hilarious. Especially the real ones. So much eye pain.
Also, I love that the page title is “/r/Maryland.”
Edit: SOMEONE PUT THE FLAG OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ON THERE HOLY BUTT GOBLINS I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGH THAT FLAG WAS HIDEOUS
To be fair, though, that weird-ass sun on it probably looks so weird-ass because nobody ever sees the actual sun in BC so they had to render it based off of myth and rumor.
I love this. I’ve always really liked flags. I also didn’t realize how much more frequently the US flag’s been changed compared to pretty much every other flag. Freaking states.
I have a book on flags and flag families, but it’s pretty old. I used it for a speech class presentation in high school.
Edit: here it is! Copyright 2002. If you’re at all into flags, I’d recommend this book (an updated version, haha). It’s got a really nice layout and covers way more than just country flags.
I FEEL LIKE DEATH AND WANT TO USE EXCESSIVE CAPS LOCK SO HERE ARE SOME GIFS
That cat grabbing the sock is the funniest thing in the world.
It’s fUCKING SEPTEMBER, WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS WEATHER?
I am not mentally ready for snow. I’m just not. Winter ended in mid-April.
Summed up very nicely in one photo.
1: THE GODS ARE ANGRY
2: THE GODS ARE MILDLY ANNOYED
This photo also demonstrates how quickly the weather can shift between these four modes.
Uhhhhhhhhh so even my winter walking pants are pretty faded now. You can very easily see the bottom part by the ankle cuff does not see the sunlight because I’m a short mofo.
My shirt, on the other hand, does not appear faded at all, despite the fact that I wear it year-round.
- Nate played this song for me and I’m really digging it. It’s not a five-star, but it’s damn good anyway.
- LOOK AT HOW GOOD THIS PASTA LOOKS! Yums.
- I have recently discovered the wonder that is dry shampoo and I may never shower again.
- Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh that’s it.
For the regular Google results, you just get a bunch of my categories and/or tags. But for the images?
Ha. What madness.
Also, what the hell are these suggested searches?
Some of them, yeah, I see it.
But others? Weird.
HEYOOOOOOO so this is something I just thought of checking (I should have done it earlier, it turns out), but I was wondering today if I’ve spent more than half my adult life in Canada yet. Some important info I needed to figure this out:
- I turned “adult” on February 2, 2008
- I spent 686 days living in Vancouver (the longest damn 686 days ever)
- I spent 70 days living in London
- I’ve lived in Calgary since August 15, 2014
So after a little bit of wizardry (math), I found out that January 5, 2017 was the first day where I’d spent more than half my adult life in Canada (1,631 days in the Canada compared to 1,630 in the US).
So that’s kind of cool! Wish I would have thought to check this a few years ago so I could have actually live-blogged it, but whatev.
Do I ever live-blog anything anymore?
I’m heading to Moscow for a bit, YAY! We’re driving back from Calgary today and then I’m in the ‘Scow for like two weeks.
Edit: $163.27 wheel of cheese? It better be…gouda.