HEYOOOOO so I’ve been in a nostalgic mood lately (what else is new?) and wanted to re-live the Old Tubes via early YouTube videos and AlbinoBlackSheep.
So here were are. Let’s reminisce.
The ultimate oldie. I had a friend in high school who looked just like this dude.
Another classic oldie.
AlbinoBlackSheep was a fantastic website for Flash animations like this. “OHIOOOOOOOOOO!”
Can’t forget this one, either.
GOD, WE ARE OLD
I have this song. I can’t unhear these lyrics.
Maddie, how often did we quote from this when we were at U of I? I still say “let’s get ‘em” in my head when I’m buying something expensive.
This one too, oh my god. Benny Lava is a legend.
I think Aaron found this one. We were shouting “WHAT?!?!?!” at each other for months after we first watched this.
Al Gore getting murdered by earths is the funniest thing in this whole video.
This was another one we quoted a lot in the house. “DON’TYOUFUCKINGLOOKATME!”
I still love this so much.
So walking 30 miles takes me about 6.5 hours, right? During these 6.5 hours, I like to think.
I think best while I’m out walking.
However, every once and a while, I’ll randomly think of some hilarious thing and just start laughing like an idiot while I’m walking.
Which I’m sure doesn’t make me look crazy at all.
Examples of such hilarious things?
- “It’s time for a new sheriff”
- “Stop bidding against me or I will invade you!”
- This freaking Vine
- That time Sean was running around the house wearing socks and just ate it on the hardwood floor. Aaron bought him some of those grippy socks from the dollar store to prevent future accidents.
- “I walk onto a terrace where I think I’m alone / But Arthur Fonzarelli’s got an army of clones!”
- That time Aaron, Lanky, and I put like 30 of those magic grow capsules in the toilet and Sean came home to a bunch of sponge animals clogging up the toilet bowl.
- That time I put like 30 of those magic grow capsules in a blender with some water and Sean came home to a bunch of shredded sponge animals and a blender clogged with partially dissolved capsule gunk.
- Brendan’s Dune “bloopers” script.
- That slowed down line in The Beetis song.
There’s more, but these are the recent ones.
I am BORED and NERVOUS FOR NO REASON, so you get old YouTube videos as my blog for today. I’ve posted the vast majority of these on there at one point or another, but I’m too nervous to think of anything interesting to blog about instead, so there ya go.
That is so old now, holy crap.
Historians around the world agree that that is the most accurate depiction of Hitler. And the way Captain Planet busts through that wall at 3:37 is still hysterical. They show an OPEN WINDOW at 0:59. Why didn’t he just fly through that? It would have hurt a lot less, I can guarantee. “CAPTAIN PLANET, HE’S OUR HERO; GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO Z-oh, he’s unconscious after breaking through that wall.”
The rooster noises, oh my god.
Oh. My. God.
Today I shall present to you a numbered list of little items that have made me laugh, because I needed a good laugh today. Commence enjoyment!
Yeah. You guys may not find any of them funny, but I did, so I stuck ’em up here. Have fun!