Ahh, Sean, where would I be without you?
Well, I’d be looking up rarely used words online at 2:00 in the morning all alone, that’s where.
This was fun. It was inspired by our Psych of Emotion class, in which our teacher claimed there was no exact English word for the German word Schadenfreude. It turns out there is—it’s epicaricacy. We found it on this online dictionary full of a bunch of rarely used words.
So here are some interesting ones in my opinion, plus some fun snippets of our conversation.
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: this is a goldmine for confusing people
*hsus says: hell yes
*hsus says: bookmarked
Xenodocheiorology: love of hotels and inns
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Tittup
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: To prance
*hsus says: haha
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: I’m so using that in everyday conversation
*hsus says: good luck
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: “Tittup over there and get me those papers!”
*hsus says: wow, you really need to be a teacher
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Haha
*hsus says: ‘cos for some reason that fits perfectly
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Final exam: “Tittup or F in the class. It’s up to you to figure out what that means”
*hsus says: haha
*hsus says: that’s cruel
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: But oh so funny
Adoxography: good writing on a trivial subject
*hsus says: “oh, we’re covering this?”
*hsus says: “why, do you think we shouldn’t?”
*hsus says: “well, I’m just saying it’s a bit…adscititious is all”
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Haha
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: “But…but we’re not talking about acid at all”
Sacerdotophrenia: clerical stage fright
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Haha, schediasm
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Impromptu work
*hsus says: nice
*hsus says: that also describes my pscyh papers
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Same here
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: And essentially every other paper I’ve written/will write
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Freud paper? OH SHIT
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Doctorate thesis? OH SHIT
Obdormition: when a limb “goes to sleep”
Steatopygous: pertaining to or characterized by a large buttocks
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Parasigmatism
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Inability to pronounce the sound “s”
*hsus says: awesome
Leibniz Rocks My Socks says: Which would suck to tell someone you have, seeing as it has two “s”s in it
*hsus says: “I have para-…para-…fuck it”
Perissotomist: a knife-happy surgeon
Warning: the contents of this blog resemble a rambling. Do not view if excessive skipping from subject to subject pisses you off.
Warning: excessive exposure to Claudia’s blogs may cause brain aneurisms in approximately 0.005% of the population. If you feel your karma is not up to par at this time, please disregard this blog and go do something productive.
Warning: this blog is not for consumption. Seriously, if you’re that hungry, go get a taco or something.
The title’s origin is a modification of a popular SAS command, in case you’re all, “WTF, that title doesn’t make sense.”
Last night I dreamt in numbers. Seriously. The dream consisted entirely of these statistical equations. What was I doing? Solving them. In my dream. Really, the whole dream was just numbers and equations after numbers and equations. Do I need some sort of psychiatric help?
I find this sad:
If I go to the University of Illinois, I’ll just be moving from one U of I to another.
I find these to be the coolest pants ever (and they shall be mine)
I find this to be a true fact in life:
Pumpkin seeds are the food of the gods.
I find this to be interesting:
Only 2% of people with olfactory deficiencies have them because they are congenital.
I find this depressing at yet shockingly fitting:
The direct translation of “lame” into Latin? Claudus.
I find this conversation with Aneel to be quite amusing (sorry, Aneel):
Aneel: you know what tastes good?
Me: No, what?
Aneel: whipping cream
Aneel: as a beverage
Me: Oh gross!
Aneel: he he
Aneel: ugg I’ll get so fat i will be ginormous
Me: Haha, that’s what you get for drinking freaking whipping cream
Aneel: yeah but you see then i will be all soft and cuddly
Me: And then get dates?
Aneel: no be a recluse
Aneel: but a content happy recluse
Me: “I don’t need human interaction, I have my WHIPPING CREAM!”
Me: Haha, sorry, I’m hyper
Aneel: wish i was sometime
Me: Hyper or a whipping cream recluse?
I find this to be a survey (and hopefully you do, too):
1. Have you ever made out with someone you weren’t dating?
No, can’t say that I have.
2. Is there a difference between the word ‘best friend’ and ‘friend’?
The fact that one of them is not a word but two words, yes.
3. Has anybody on your top ever admitted to liking you?
4. Do you miss anyone?
5. Can you recall the last time you sincerely liked someone?
6. When is the last time someone of the opposite sex gave you a hug?
Oh god, it’s been a while now I think…
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
I’m not telling!
8. Can you touch your toes?
9. Do you know anybody who was abused?
I don’t think so.
11. Is silence really golden?
No, it’s platinum!
12. Do you have any interesting tattoos or piercings?
13. Are you afraid to grow up?
Nah. After all, I’m almost twenty.
15. Can you count past 100?
16. What language are you taking?
FOL. Yes, I’m counting that.
17. Any upcoming vacations?
Spring break = tours of two potential grad schools.
18. If you had to marry someone on your top, who would it be?
Nick. It’d have to be Nick. He’s just that awesome.
19. Do you care what people think of you?
20. Would you call yourself smart?
Well, I do have a 4.0 and I am taking 25 credits this semester and I am graduating a year and a half ahead of schedule…
21. Do you like to read?
I love to read.
22. Do you own a pair of Nike’s?
23. Have you ever touched an elephant?
Not that I recall.
24. Plans for tomorrow?
School. Rec center. Home for weekend fun.
25. Is anything wrong?
Not anything I can think of off the top of my head. I’m excitedly nervous about one or two things, but that’s okay. We’ll see what happens.
26. Would you kiss anyone on your top friends?
27. Do you want to go to college?
I’m in college!
28. What are you listening to?
“Hide and Seek”, Imogen Heap
29. Do you have a good relationship with your parent(s)?
31. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Reading fan fiction and working on a Flash project. I know, I know, dork.
32. Name something you CANNOT wait for?
34. Have you ever talked to Tom?
35. Last thing you ate/drank?
36. Have you ever run with scissors?
Fool, are you crazy?!
37. Do you like peanut butter?
38. Who’s making you feel the way you are right now?
39. Most visited web page?
MySpace, Facebook, and Google (simply because it’s my homepage).
40. Coke or Pepsi?
41. Looking forward to something this weekend?
I don’t think so.
43. Do you have any pets?
44. What’s your favorite number?
45. What are you watching now?
46. Do you know how to swim?
Doggie paddle FTW.
47. Is good grammar attractive?
Aw dang, I do dun like that thar learnin’!
49. Have you known any of your friends your whole life?
My whole life? No.
50. Are any of your friends taller than you?
Almost every single one of them. I think two of them are shorter.
51. Have you ever been ditched by a friend?
It’s called “Jazz Fest 2002: Claudia Gets Ditched by “Friends” and gets Lost on Campus with a Tuba Twice as Big as She is.”
52. Where do your friends live?
53. Have you lost or forgotten a friends phone number?
Haha, are you kidding? Of course!
54. Have you been to most of your friends’ houses?
Quite a few of them.
55. Do you currently like someone?
56. Do they like you?
57. Do you get bored of your girlfriend/boyfriend easily?
I don’t have a girlfriend/boyfriend. But the one time I had a boyfriend, no, I didn’t.
58. Has one of your crushes ever called you self-centered before?
59. Who do you want for President?
Me. I would straighten this country out in no time.