So 2016 was an eventful year. BUT WAS IT EVENTFUL ENOUGH?? ? ? ?? ? ?
Let’s find out.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Get the thesis done and defended. This went a lot smoother than the 2011 version did.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Blogs: do them daily. Nailed it.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Musics: do them daily. Nailed it.
- FAILED: Win NaNoWriMo 2016. Ha. I’m garbage.
- SORT OF FAILED: Complete and format all my blog archives, in honor of this being my 10th year of blogging. Well, I managed to get all 10 years copied down into Word documents, but the formatting still hasn’t happened. But if Eigenblogger goes up in smoke for some reason, I’ve got backups of everything now.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Walk 2,000 miles. I actually did way more than this. I’ll talk about that on the 1st.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Win another TA award. I actually can’t remember if I won a regular TA award this year (I don’t think I did), but I did win the award for being one of the best TAs in the whole Faculty of Science, so that totally counts, right?
- ACCOMPLISHED: Draw more. This is kind of subjective since I didn’t really specify what “more” was, but I do believe that I’ve done more drawing this year than I did in 2015.
- FAILED: Improve my sign language. Maybe…be able to sign 200 phrases by the end of the year? Hahaha. Nope. But I do remember the few signs I taught myself at the beginning of the year.
- FAILED: Keep writing. Work on Prime, mainly. And maybe a short story or two. And maybe Arborhood. NOPE. My writing’s so crappy that I don’t feel like there’s much of a point anymore.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Get married! YAY!
- The blogs.
- The musics.
- Walk either 4,000 miles (if I’m teaching all year) or 3,000 miles (if I’m not).
- See if I can muscle my way into a more permanent lecturer position at U of C. This is something that’s mostly out of control, but hey, I can try.
- Win NaNoWriMo 2017. For serious this time. It’s been too long.
- Write more in general. Vague resolution is vague, but I guess I could narrow it down to either editing Prime or Arborhood.
- The blog archives. Get ‘em done.
- Along the same line as the previous resolution: figure out some sort of way to get my archives printed and bound. I’d love to have a hard copy of each year, sort of like an Encyclopedia of Eigenblogger thing.
- Be a better wife for Nate. He’s the best husband I could ever ask for and I’m still getting used to this “wife” thing, so I definitely think there’s a lot of room for improvement as far as being as good to him as he is to me.
- STOP BEING GARBAGE.
That’s all that I can think of for now.