ALRIGHTY, so as I’ve mentioned on here a few times recently, 2019 is the last year in my Decade of Music project, which means after December 31st of this year, I will no longer be “forced” to find and obtain a new song every day of the year.
And this, of course, means that at the end of this year, I’m going to be doing a huge review of the 3,560 or so songs I will have acquired since 2010.
So an additional task for this project this year is to make a sort of master list of all the songs since 2010 with their respective genres, lengths, stars, ranks, etc. so that I can make my final summary as accurate as possible. So far, I’ve got this:
I’ve decided that on each day of the year this year, I’ll go back and enter information for each song I’ve downloaded on that day since 2010. So for example, today I’ll look at my January 4th song from 2010, my January 4th song from 2011, my January 4th song from 2012, etc.
It’s going to take a bit of time each day, but as long as I don’t get behind, I should have a nice comprehensive list of the last 10 years’ worth of music by the end of this year.
WOO I LOVE LISTS
I’m mad at myself for about 34,945 different reasons, so let’s talk about the future.
The beginning of 2020, more specifically. That’s when I’ll be done with my Decade of Music project and will have approximately 3,650 new songs since the beginning of 2010.
That’s a lot of music, and of course it must be sorted/ranked/raved about in various ways. So here’s what I’m thinking I’ll do once the project is over.
- A list containing the top song of each decade.
- A list containing my top 10 songs overall (regardless of decade)
- A list containing my top 10 “most beautiful” songs (regardless of decade)
- A list containing my top 10 music videos (this will require me to watch every single song’s music video…a daunting task, but so is this entire project)
- Maybe a top 10 list for each major genre?
- A list of my top 5 songs for the entire 10 years, with explanations. It’d be hard to find the top 5, but I think it would make me really think about which songs were my absolute favorites.
- And, of course, stats on genres, stars, song lengths, etc., both overall and for each decade. Because that’s what I do.
Is there anything else you guys would like to see from this project? The end is NEAR* and I’m getting excited.
*The end is actually not that near. But it’s 2017 now and this thing is set to end in 2019, so it’s actually not that far off.