So I’d thought the only movie I’d seen Bill Paxton in was Apollo 13, but apparently I just really suck at recognizing Bill Paxton.
But anyway, since Apollo 13 is was the best movie Bill Paxton was in (it was, fight me), in honor of his passing, here’s the best song from that movie. And probably one of the greatest pieces of music in the history of movies, in my opinion.
Chills, man. RIP, Mr. Paxton.
SAD NEWS: the amazing composer James Horner was, in fact, killed the other day when his plane went down in California.
Who is James Horner, you ask?* He’s the conductor/composer behind a lot of really fantastic film scores. Examples:
- The Land Before Time
- An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
- We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story
- The Perfect Storm
He also did the score for Apollo 13, which has my favorite movie song ever (listen to it here!). Seriously. Awesome.
R.I.P. James Horner. You were an awesome composer.
*Or maybe you don’t ask this. Maybe more people are familiar with his name and works than the news would have us believe.
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I want death.
You get 30 Day Meme and ONLY 30 Day Meme before I pass out in a heap of neurosis.
30-Day Meme – Day 2: Your favorite movie.
I’m not a movie person. There are approximately seven movies in existence that I would willingly suggest watching if I were in the position of HAVING to suggest a movie for lack of better alternative ways of wasting time.
But one movie I could watch again and again and again (and have) is Apollo 13. Why?
1. Tom Hanks. He’s badass and, in my opinion, one of the better actors out there.
2. Kevin Bacon. See above, plus the fact that he also starred in Tremors as a random cowboy makes me laugh every time I see him as an astronaut in this movie.
3. I have a thing for movies about space. From the more “accurate” movies like this one to the all-out corny “AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!” movies like Armageddon, space movies have always been of interest to me.
4. The soundtrack. Particularly the track “The Launch.”
Listen and chill.