As someone who’s still obsessed with this game that came out in 1998, I enjoyed this immensely.
The ominous music makes this even more distressing. I love it.
BLACK MESA: The Update
THIS FREAKING GAME IS FANTASTIC.
I’ll post more about this when I don’t feel like crap (I’ve got a really bad headache right now), but here are some of the things that are great:
- Better graphics. WAY better graphics. Like, holy crapples.
- More diverse set of scientists. It’s not just the same three guys and a gaggle of their clones.
- The scientists/security guards are hysterically snarky towards Gordon. It’s fantastic.
- While most of the game is the same, there ARE some new/different parts, which is great because I’d basically memorized the original and could go through it quite easily.
- Gordon Freeman is still very much Gordon Freeman.
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS
WHY THE HELL HAD I NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?
Half Life is my favorite game, dudes. I want this.
Edit: Nate bought this for me. Nate makes bad life decisions.