So this is going to be a short blog ‘cause we’re still trying to process the news, but the vet called earlier and said that it is very likely that the cancer has spread from Jazzy’s eye to other parts of her body. They couldn’t conclude for certain that this was the case (they said there are a few spots that look like cancer but could possibly maybe be something else), but they said it was the most likely scenario.
So now we have to figure out some sort of treatment plan for her. Do we do the aggressive treatment that involves shots, medicine, chemo, and frequent vet visits with a decently high chance of remission, or do we do a less aggressive treatment that just involves giving her steroids and hoping for the best?
We considered it and we very quickly decided on the less aggressive treatment. She’s been MISERABLE with all these vet visits recently and we decided that if she only has a short amount of time left, we didn’t want her to live it in constant misery and stress and fear that she’ll be picked up and taken to the vet at any time. We want her to be happy, even if it means she’s possibly going to live a shorter life.
Both Nate’s mom and my mom agreed that that was the more humane decision (they know how stressed she gets at the vet), so we feel a bit better about making it, but still.
Everything fucking sucks about this. She’s the best cat in the world and she does not deserve this.
We’re also not sure how long we’ve got left with her. But we’re going to give her some steroids to hopefully slow or stop the cancer growth, which will hopefully let her live happily and pain-free for as long as possible.
But yeah. It’s been a horrible day. Time to cry forever.