1. How has covid affected you?
Well, I haven’t gotten it and no one I’m super close to has gotten it either, so that’s good. But I haven’t been able to see my mom because the damn border’s been closed since March, my job is now online which I absolutely hate, my husband and I haven’t gotten to do any of our long summer walks because we’ve been terrified of public places/public transit, my own walks have been limited due to the same reasons, and I really miss going to malls. Not even shopping…just going in them. But on the positive side, I did really get into running this summer, which I probably wouldn’t have gotten an opportunity to do (at least to the same extent) if things were “normal.”
2. What is a comfort show of yours?
I’ve re-watched Riverdale a few times, not gonna lie. Horrible teen dramas are my jam.
3. Are you open about your past or do you not let anyone in?
My past is on this blog. My past is this blog. So if anyone cares enough to discover my past, it’s out there for ya.
4. Favourite fast food joint?
Of the chain restaurants, it’s McDonald’s. No shame. Their fries are the best. Of “local” restaurants, Cougar Country. Or Mongolian BBQ, if that counts as fast food.
5. Do you think we were put on this earth for a reason?
Nope. Unless you count fulfilling our part in a deterministic universe. But I don’t.
6. What is something you have done this year you’re proud of?
Gotten back into running.
7. Do u ever feel like surveys are usually the same questions?
8. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago today was November 24, 2010. I was in my second year of grad school at UBC and hating it. I was also a few months into my new walking habit, though, so that was good.
9. Do you call out Karens when they’re harassing a cashier?
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been witness to someone being abusive to a cashier. But if I saw it, it’d like to think I’d say something, especially in today’s “put a mask on, you selfish asshole” world.
10. Animal crossing, yay or nay?
Never played it.
11. Why do you like to do surveys?
12. Did you ever have a MySpace ?
Hahaha. That’s how this blog got started, yes.
13. Do you think breaks are toxic in a relationship?
Depends on the people. Depends on the relationship.
14. Do you have a YouTube channel? If no, would you create one? If yes what’s your content?
I have two YouTube channels. One is for teaching-related stuff, like supplementary lecture content or (more recently) recorded lectures. The other is my “personal” YouTube channel. It’s mostly stupid short videos that only I would care about, but I do have a Vine compilation vid on there that’s gotten like 15,000 views.
15. Are you a math person?
Not naturally, no. But that’s why I teach it – because I understand what it’s like to not be a math person, I understand the anxiety that causes, and I like to think I teach in a way that makes math understandable for people who get math anxiety.
16. What’s the worst thing someone has said to you?
Let’s not go there today.
17. Have you ever befriended someone because you felt bad?
In fourth (?) grade, a new kid came to our elementary school. Our class had like 23 people so we were all pretty set in our friendships, and this new kid was a little awkward. I remember one day he dropped a whole bunch of books and papers and no one went to help him, so I did. We didn’t really become friends (and eventually he got assimilated and people started hanging with him), but that kind of counts, right?
18. Would you ever date someone online?
I kind of dated Nate through OK Cupid before we met in person, so…yes?
19. Have you been ghosted before? Would you ghost someone?
20. When do you think things will be normal again?
I think there will be a “relative” normal in the next few years, but if we ever do go back to pre-pandemic normal, I don’t think that will happen for quite some time.
21. Do you watch anime?
22. Biggest goal you wanna reach before 2020 is over?
Not get COVID?
23. How old did/do you turn this year?
24. Do you like tiktok?
Eh. It’s no Vine.
25. Do you ever miss vine?
I do! Vines were great.
26. How are you doing, seriously?
Absolutely terribly, thanks for asking.
27. Is there someone you want to talk to but you know you can’t?
28. Do you make jokes to cope with your problems?
My life is a joke.
29. Have you ever had someone call you their best friend but you didn’t even consider them a close friend?
I don’t think so.
30. Have you ever dealt with a pathological liar?
31. Long or short surveys?
32. If ur in school, are you doing it on zoom or in class?
I’m teaching, does that count? All the math/stats department classes are being done remotely this semester.
33. Would you ever have a pet rat?
Meh. Give me cats or give me death.
34. Favourite memory with your best friend?
Playing Rock Band for hours when we lived together. So much fun.
35. Favourite type of content to watch on YouTube?
Depends on what I’m doing. If I’m drawing, I like to watch longer videos, like documentaries or Achievement Hunter stuff. If I’m grading or writing up notes, I like to watch makeup reviews. I also like to just browse through and watch random music videos.
36. Are you allergic to anything serious?
37. Dream job?
The one I’ve got now (with the addition of tenure).
38. Do you think dreams mean anything?
On a certain level, yes.
39. Fav clothing brand?
Whatever the hell fits. Most of my clothes come from Walmart, though, so whatever the Walmart brand is up here. George and g21.
40. Do you miss anyone?
I miss my mom. I hate that it will be at least half a year (probably longer) before I’ll be able to see her again.