HELLO, PARTY POOPERS!
It’s that time of the year again where I review all of my FREAKING FAILURES and set up some more FREAKING FAILURES for next year.
So without further delay, let’s get to it!
A review of the 2019 resolutions:
- ACCOMPLISHED: The blogs. As always. Not even a hard resolution, but I keep putting it on here ‘cause then I get at least one “ACCOMPLISHED” on my list, haha.
- ACCOMPLISHED: The musics. There are only a few more days left in this Decade of Music project! MADNESS
- FAILED: Get my music organized before the end of the year. I had every intention of doing this and have a few years organized, but I’ve been S U P E R B U S Y and thus haven’t gotten it all done. Hence my pushing back the Decade of Music review.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Walk 4,000 miles. Done. Easily. I won’t hit 5,000, but I’ll probably be in the 4,800s maybe?
- ACCOMPLISHED: Get back to running 10k distances. I was looking at this resolution list a few months ago and was thinking “hey look, this one’s going to be a failure!” But over the past month or so I’ve picked up running again and just recently started running 10k distances. Hell, I ran 10k today! So that’s coolio.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Win NaNoWriMo 2019. I almost didn’t do NaNo this year, due to – you guessed it – being S U P E R B U S Y. But I did it, I won it, and I actually want to keep working on the story, even though it’s a craptastic premise.
- FAILED: Get my blogs in physical form. Hahaha. S U P E R B U S Y.
- FAILED: Write at least 500 words a day, 5 days a week, until my NaNoWriMo 2018 story is done. Then start editing it. NOPE
- SORT OF ACCOMPLISHED: POST THESE GODDAMN BLOGS. As of my writing this list, I haven’t posted my blogs since the end of September. But I posted a whole slog of them earlier this year, I should get credit for that! …Right?
- FAILED: Be. Better. For. Nate. I’m such a bad wife. I try not to be, but I am. It’s rage-inducing.
And now for the 2020 rez list:
- The blogs.
- Walk at least 4,500 miles. This is assuming that I’ll be teaching all year; if I’m not (heaven forbid), let’s say 4,000 miles.
- Do something with my writing. I don’t even freaking care what, really. Just something. I need to be more consistent with it apart from banging out 50,000 words every November. I want to work on one of my old NaNo projects – maybe this year’s, or 2009’s or 2014’s. Or do something with my old short stories. SOMETHING.
- Run a half-marathon. I don’t want to just run half-marathon distances, I want to run in an actual “official” half-marathon race.
- Run a marathon. See above, but replace “half-marathon” with “marathon.”
- Win NaNoWriMo 2020. Let’s keep the streak going!
- Get my blogs in physical form. I really need to do this. I fear losing them more than I fear losing my own life (priorities: I have them)
- Get a body composition analysis. I have no idea what my body fat percentage is, for example, and I’d like to know. I also want to do this near the beginning of the year and then work to improve it (less body fat, more muscle, that kind of thing)
- I’m going to try to be more consistent in posting these blogs, but pffft.
- I’m also going to keep trying to be better for Nate. I really do try, but I’m absolute garbage, so it probably doesn’t even seem like I’m trying half the time. But I am. Sorry, Nate.