I am extra lonely tonight for some really weird reason. So I’ve been thinking of friends of the past (since I don’t really have any friends right now).
I’ve had three main groups of friends in my life (I don’t count elementary school, ‘cause all those “friends” I had in first and second grade were quick to abandon me once I was deemed “uncool”): my high school group, the band geek group in college, and the guys at the house in college.
Things that remind me of my high school friends:
- Being hooligans in the hallway during lunchtime.
- That one lady (I don’t know if she was a teacher’s aide or what) who thought our shenanigans were hilarious.
- That one guy who thought our shenanigans were blasphemous.
- Harassing Alan.
- Harassing Aneel.
- Those stupid cardboard stilts that almost killed me in the bathroom.
- Going to the Co-Op, buying a loaf of bread, and then just sharing that amongst us for our lunch.
- Zach and those “Emergen-C” pouches. He would just chug those.
- That time I accidentally* threw the loaf of bread at Aneel and almost got detention.
- Stalking Lead around. All the time.
- That stupid “porn” reading of “To Kill a Mockingbird” that I did that had everyone cackling.
- Prom dress shopping at Ross!
- Being hooligans in that field across from the university.
- MSN conversations!
Things that remind me of my band geek group:
- Band (duh).
- Playing at the football games while paying zero attention to the game itself.
- “Please touch my butt…please touch my butt!”
- Being hooligans at Shari’s.
- Being hooligans at Denny’s.
- Drag shows!
- Rock Band basement parties at my dad’s.
- That basement party that was basically an orgy, let’s not lie.
- That time we all drove out to Idler’s Rest and spent half the night crying/venting about how our lives were not what we wanted at the time.
- R O B D R A M A
- The nerd-fest that was the band table in the Commons. Oh my god, that table was fun.
Things that remind me of the guys in the house:
- NOODLE FRIDAYS.
- Incessant Rock Band playing.
- Quoting pretty much every viral YouTube video from 2008.
- All the weird relationships in that house.
- Getting impulse piercings in Missoula.
- Late night conversations with Sean (he got off work after midnight and I was always the only one still up).
- Reliving our childhoods via movies on Netflix (and making fun of said movies).
- Being hooligans in Shari’s.
- Otter Pops!
I miss having friends.
*It really was an accident. I was swinging the bread bag around like a nun chuck and the bread launched through the bottom seam and nailed him in the face. Right in front of our security guard.