ALRIGHT, YOU TURD COMPASSES. 2017 is almost over. Let’s review the year’s resolutions and make some more for next year, huh?
ACCOMPLISHED: The blogs. As always.
ACCOMPLISHED: The musics. As always.
ACCOMPLISHED: Walk either 4,000 miles (if I’m teaching all year) or 3,000 miles (if I’m not). I murdered this. I murdered this with a knife. More details to come on January 1st.
SORT OF ACCOMPLISHED: See if I can muscle my way into a more permanent lecturer position at U of C. This is something that’s mostly out of control, but hey, I can try. I’m still at the same level of permanency (that is, I’m still just a sessional instructor), but I keep getting re-hired at this level. Plus I’m getting two classes this coming semester instead of just one, so I’m hoping this will all lead to something more permanent soon. Come on, universe, do me a solid.
ACCOMPLISHED: Win NaNoWriMo 2017. For serious this time. It’s been too long. I actually won a NaNo for the first time since 2014! I like my story (sorta), too, so there’s that.
FAILED: Write more in general. Vague resolution is vague, but I guess I could narrow it down to either editing Prime or Arborhood. I did almost zero writing outside of NaNoWriMo this year. Unless you count the fanfic that’s nearly 150,000 words now. Which I do not.
FAILED: The blog archives. Get ‘em done. I did absolutely nothing involving my blog archives this year. Too busy.
SORT OF ACCOMPLISHED: Along the same line as the previous resolution: figure out some sort of way to get my archives printed and bound. I’d love to have a hard copy of each year, sort of like an Encyclopedia of Eigenblogger thing. I didn’t get anything printed, but I did find an online service that would do so for relatively cheap (about $80 per years’ worth of blogs). So hopefully that will happen soon.
FAILED: Be a better wife for Nate. He’s the best husband I could ever ask for and I’m still getting used to this “wife” thing, so I definitely think there’s a lot of room for improvement as far as being as good to him as he is to me. I think I ended up being a worse wife than before, if that’s even possible. I don’t know how he puts up with me. He shouldn’t have to.
FAILED: STOP BEING GARBAGE. I AM STILL THE GARBAGE.
In my defense, my walking goal sucked a lot of my time, energy, and ability to care about anything else, hence a lot of those “FAILED” resolutions.
But I’ll try to be better this year. Let’s get to ‘er.
- Blog-a-ma-thon. I’m not sure if this really counts as a resolution since I do it every damn year anyway, but what the hell.
- Music-a-ma-thon. Again, I’m not sure if this really counts as a resolution since I do it every damn year…but what the hell.
- Walk 3,500 miles. I’d rather it was 4,000 miles, but I had to compromise with Nate because I really went overboard with the miles this year and he says I need to scale it back. He’s probably right. It took a lot of time to walk that much this year. And lots of pain. Lots and lots of pain.
- Do at least one of the following: run in the Calgary Marathon or walk 100 miles in a 24-hour period. I actually don’t know which of these would be harder, but I know that I’m currently terrified of running. I want to run. I dream about running. But I’m too scared to try it. So maybe the marathon will be out no matter what.
- Win NaNoWriMo 2018.
- Write more. I’ve had this damn resolution for like the past three years and VERY LITTLE WRITING HAS TAKEN PLACE. So let’s make it more concrete. I’m currently really into my NaNo story from this year. So let’s say that I’ll write at least 500 words a day, 4 days a week, until that story is “done.” Then I’ll edit 500 words a day, 4 days a week, it until it’s more “done.” I’ll keep editing it in this fashion until it’s where I want it. If by some miracle this whole process is completed before the end of 2018, I’ll do the same thing for Prime. Or Arborhood.
- Another resolution that’s PRIVATE!
- Seriously. Be a better wife for Nate. I tanked this last year. I need to rock it this year. He deserves more than I am.
FLIPPITY FLAP I AM CRAP