1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
I don’t know if it’s a “must have,” but I’d love to have a dedicated exercise room. Like with a treadmill/bike/elliptical/weights in it. That’d be great. I’d be in there all the time.
2. What is your dream car?
A soft-top Jeep Wrangler. Preferably yellow, but that’s not as important, as I can always get it painted. I don’t know why I love that particular type of car, but I’ve always wanted one.
3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…Food Gawker’s nice. I also like that Mathematician of the Day website, ‘cause mathematicians.
4. iPhone or Droid, which do you want/have?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6!
5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
Nothing. I brood. I win the gold medal in brooding.
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.
I love stats. A lot of people don’t, which makes me super sad. That’s why I want to be able to teach it so that it’s accessible and not scary.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Depends on how old I was. I wanted to be someone who made a difference, at least.
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?
Maybe? Depends on what it is. I remember wanting to be on Fear Factor when that was a thing.
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up? (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)
Grade school: Mrs. Donovan, the year-long sub for 2nd grade (she liked me and let me sit in a fridge box in class ‘cause I was a weird little bugger)
Junior high: Mr. LaFortune, my earth science teacher! In 7th grade I was really into riding my bike everywhere, and Mr. La was an avid bike-rider, so we’d talk about that. He also let me act as the Alex Trebek of our little Jeopardy!-like reviews of the material.
High school: Mr. Garrett, my band teacher! He also taught band in junior high, but I wanted to put Mr. La for that one, haha. Mr. Garrett is awesome. He’d give us “tests” in band, which was code for “we’re not doing anything today but watching a movie.”
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?
Jaywalk! JAYWALK LIKE THE WIND!
(I actually don’t know.)
11. What were you doing 10 years ago?
August 2, 2006? Well, thanks to the miracle of daily blogging, I can tell you exactly what I was doing! While my blog post for 8/2/2016 is just talking about the fact that I know a lot of people whose birthdays are August 2nd, looking at other blogs around that time, I was cleaning up my stuff and packing things to head off to college at the end of the month! Exciting times. I remember doing that.
12. By this time next year, I …
Will hopefully have a stable job (teaching stats perhaps?!??!?!?!).
13. What is something that you need to do but you’ve procrastinated on?
Making my PowerPoint slides for my defense next Monday. Still haven’t even started those, haha. Oops.
14. What is your greatest pet peeve?
I don’t know if I can pick just one. People who don’t know how to courteously use a sidewalk. Company logos changing for no good reason. Twitter.
15. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
Did we drive more than 100 miles on our botched road trip this year? I’m pretty sure we did. There’s not much to tell about that, though, so blah.
16. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
17. What are you dreading at the moment?
My thesis defense next week. I want it to be over, but I don’t want it to happen, haha. Just give me the degree, seriously.