Tag Archives: dethklok
Okay. So. I’m usually not the type to get excited about TV shows. It’s probably because I don’t really watch any new/current/popular shows like Sherlock/Game of Thrones/Dr. Who/Breaking Bad/How I Met Your Mother/all those other shows that have huge fandoms and large followings in general. They’ve just never appealed to me.
But then there’s Metalocalypse. This show that’s about five rich, spoiled, idiot man-children and their inability to cope with everyday things like buying groceries and decorating the living room. This show that’s so absurd and so unapologetically dumb that it’s beyond hilarious. This show that I accidentally stumbled upon late one night when nothing else was on and have been attached to ever since.
I love this show.
And now it’s ending. Its finale starts in about 5 minutes.
So please forgive the incredibly fangirlish blog tonight. I don’t know anyone else who watches this (or at least, anyone who watches it anymore) and I’ve been feeding off the collective excitement of Tumblr’s group of Metalocalypse fans since the beginning of October, so I NEED to put my reactions out somewhere.
So here they are in chronological order:
- God damn, that orchestra at the beginning…
- JESUS NATHAN
- We’re like 7 minutes in and we’re already in a Lisa Frank drug trip scene. YES.
- “He’s deeeeead!” “Oh. Throw him in the garbaaaage.” AHAHAHAHA
- I WASN’T EXPECTING THIS TO BE SO FUNNY
- Dear god, the animation is beautiful
- How can this be so hilarious and so heartbreaking at the same time? AND WE’RE ONLY TWELVE MINUTES IN
- NATHAN POWER BALLAD OMFG
- NATHAN POWER BALLAD OUTFITS OMFG
- “How can I be a hero when my dick’s as big as a shoe?”
- Aaaaaaaaand the most accurate representation of Tumblr fans ever.
- Yup, that’s Tumblr.
- PICKLES’ SINGING VOICE LASKJFLAKGALHF
- ROCK IT SKWISGAAR
- The powdered wigs. I AM PEEING
- I KNEW it! I KNEW Skwisgaar was the one who decided to keep Toki in the band!
- (The whole “brothers” part made me suspect that Seth was going to show up at some point)
- JOMFRU FEEEELS
- Charles, no
- CHARLES, NO
- Oh my god. Michael Jackson Thriller dancing. THIS IS TOO PERFECT
- I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
- THESE MOOD CHANGES ARE KILLING MEEEEEE
- (No comments for the last ten minutes, ‘cause I was just sitting there gaping at the screen)
- ARE WE GETTING A FIFTH SEASON!??!?!
- I THINK WE ARE HOLY SLDFKSJFLSAHLDSKFJDF yay
THAT WAS AWESOME
WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO TO SLEEP AFTER THAT
*stays up until 5*
I’m going to be an emotional wreck a week from now, just a warning.
(I mean, more so than normal)
(Posting trailer again ‘cause it’s important)
OH SNAP, GUYS
I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE
[insert fangirl freakout here]
I don’t like this one, but I don’t have anything else for today’s blog.
So here you go.
Edit: hahahaha, scratch that. Here’s Nathan Explosion scat singing. Made. My. Night.
Edit 2: that was…dude…cannot wait for the season finale.
This is one of the greatest things I’ve heard in awhile.
Badass Coldplay song + badass Dethklok lyrics = extra super badass song.
Is it sad that this…calms me? I’ve listened to it on repeat for about 20 minutes now and I’m really chilled out.
Now we just need Nathan Explosion singing the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle to the music of Paradise.
YAY IT’S FINALLY OUT!!
Black Fire Upon Us
This song is badass. There’s no other way to describe it. The only way it could be cooler is if you watch the final episode in which it is featured.
Laser Cannon Deth Sentence
With a title like that, there’s no doubt that this is the most Dethklok song on the whole album.
Rocking song. That’s all I have to say. This might get five stars (edit: it did).
I Tamper with the Evidence at the Murder Site of Odin
Best. Title. Ever. Not quite like it is on the show, but awesome nonetheless.