I’m pretty sure I’ve used that title before. Here are two surveys.
1. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?
I had a long conversation with a sign spinner when I lived down in Tucson. I was out walking and this dude was just killing it with the spinning. I told him it was impressive and then we just started talking for a while.
2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?
It was probably either St. Louis or the Oregon coast. Probably St. Louis. My mom’s parents used to live there.
3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?
4. What is your favorite place in your home?
5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?
I know it’s pretty close to home, but I’d love to experience Jupiter’s storms. Assuming I won’t die, haha.
6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?
It’s been a long time since I’ve driven a car, but as a passenger, the first thing I usually do is plug in my iPod so that I can annoy the driver with my music.
7. What is special about the town you live in?
It was just voted the fifth most livable city in the world (and most livable city in North America). Also, river path.
9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?
10. How do you beat the summer heat?
Get nekkid. Pass out in front of a fan. Complain about the heat.
11. Did you enjoy your Senior Year in high school?
Sure, it wasn’t bad. Hooligan time in the hallway at lunch with my friends, trying to convince my physics teacher that Aneel and I were dating, state drama, band + band friends + carpooling all the band friends home after school? Good times. I still wish I would have known what I wanted to do with my life back then, though. I definitely would have taken school more seriously.
12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?
That’s…a weird question. Michelle Obama is the one I’m most familiar with and someone who has tried to make a positive lasting impact, so I’ll go with her.
13. Post a link to your first blog post.
Here ya go: https://eigenblogger.com/2006/05/01/post1/
Warning: I was 18 and still in high school and still thought I was hot shit.
14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?
Like…serious “go to the doctor” first aid? 2011.
15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?
Nate has explained it to me many times. My mom has explained it to me many times. I have sat through dozens of U of I football games as a marching band nerd and heard “there’s another Vandal first down!” quite often. But no, I cannot explain what a first down is in football.
1. What is the nearest book to you? Your Kindle does not count.
Technically it’s the multivariate “Calculus” textbook by Briggs and Cochran.
2. When was the last time you took a “me” vacation?
I guess my Thursdays count for this? On Thursdays I go walking and then just go home. No work. I blast music and sing.
3. How many telephone numbers do you have?
One, unless you count the phone in my office.
4. If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately?
MORE ARTS. Music, specifically.
5. Are you a big tipper?
I am. 20% – 25% in most cases.
6. Do you watch reality shows?
Does Top Chef count? If so, yes. My mom and I used to watch that Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team back when it was on CMT. Is that still a thing?
7. Who is your favorite sports team player?
I really like both Cabrera and McNeil, even though Cabrera is helping the Nationals out now.
8. When was the last time you sat in a church?
My grandma’s funeral on my dad’s side. But the last time I actually attended church for church’s sake was probably back when I was in junior high. Maybe earlier.
9. Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?
There aren’t enough bloggers! I love reading peoples’ blogs, especially if they’re just random snippets of their day or their thoughts. We need more bloggers out there.
10. When someone follows you on their blog or subscribes to your Facebook page, do you automatically follow and subscribe back?
Haha, not usually.