SCOOPITY-POOP, IT’S THE AUGUST LIST! Let’s go.
- This might apply to other departments as well, but I wonder if people in math departments especially are picky about their office numbers. Like, my current office number is 564, which is crappy ‘cause it doesn’t really have a nice meaning behind it. But I just found out that they’re going to move me to 360, which is an awesome office number because a) it’s divisible by 10 and that’s a thing I like, and b) it’s the number of degrees in a circle. Pretty cool. My mailbox number is 144, or the square of 12; I like that, too.
- I just realized that every time I come back to Moscow, I actually walk more of my miles in Washington than in Idaho.
- There are a few topics about which I have some very strong opinions, but I’m afraid to voice them because of what my friends (all two of them) might think. Does anyone else feel that way about certain opinions of theirs? Don’t worry, I’m not a closet racist or misogynist or Trump supporter or anything like that. I just have a few opinions on some relatively minor things that I don’t think my friends would agree with.
- This is the hardest time of the year for me because I get this overwhelming urge to go back to school (“school” meaning “undergrad”). Even though I’ve been teaching for several years now, that does not diminish the “LET’S GO BACK TO SCHOOL” drive. ‘Tis a problem.
- This music video is really well done. I didn’t think too much of it at first but now I really like it.