Still trying to think of names for my fake Canadian teams before the season starts. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- Alberta: The Alberta Bulls
- British Columbia
- Calgary: The Calgary Cowboys
- Edmonton: The Edmonton Oil Barons*
- Halifax: The Halifax Dreadhawks***
- Manitoba: The Manitoba Lakers (‘cause…there’s a lot of lakes in Manitoba?)
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island: The Prince Edward Islanders (I AM A GENIUS)
- Quebec City
- Regina: The Regina Giants (‘cause it sounds cool)
- Saint John
- Thunder Bay: The Thunder Bay Lightning
- Victoria: The Victoria Royals
- Yellowknife: The Yellowknife Blizzards
- Yukon: The Yukon Gold****
YES, a lot of them overlap with other sports. COWBOYS ARE NOT A UNIQUE GEOGRAPHICAL FEATURE TO DALLAS, OKAY?
*freaking ksdfjsjflsjfsjf the “Oil Barons” are name of a Junior Hockey Team from Fort McMurry. Gonna keep it anyway. And yes, I know, the Edmonton Oilers are a thing. Gonna keep it anyway. What the hell else is there unique about Edmonton, come on, give me a break.**
**Haha, I could call them “The Edmonton Mall Rats” instead, there ya go.
***Blame Picnicface. They’re Canadian, though, so it’s like a tribute.
****YES I KNOW THAT’S A POTATO I DON’T GIVE A STARCHY DAMN
‘Sall I got right now. Do you have any ideas/suggestions for the others?