In honor of this being the 12-year anniversary of my high school graduation, let’s do a high school-related survey.
‘Cause why not.
1. Did you date someone from your school?
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
Before I got my license, my mom drove me to school and I carpooled back home with a bunch of my band geek friends (since band was our last period). I still remember Alan getting out and yelling at that car Jonathan had. That terrible, terrible car.
After I got my license, I was the one driving people home from band.
4. What kind of car did you have?
My mom had a Jeep. I borrowed it.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
I don’t have a car of my own. Never have. I’m cool with that.
6. NOW: It is Friday night…where are you?
LIES IT’S SATURDAY
At home with Nate. Probably watching baseball.
7. THEN: It is Friday night…where were you then?
Upstairs with my dad. Probably watching King of the Hill or Adult Swim or something.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I didn’t have a job until I was in college.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
I teach stats!
10. Were you a party animal?
11. Were you considered a flirt?
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Band geeks 4 lyfe
13. Were you a nerd?
Not as big of a nerd as I am now, but yeah.
14. Did you get suspended from school?
15. Can you sing the fight song?
Haha, nope. Not from high school. College? Yes.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher?
I really liked Mr. Garrett, my band teacher.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
We sat in the hall and threw bread at each other like hooligans.
18. What was your school’s full name?
Moscow Senior High School
19. Where did you party the most?
Parties are for squares.
20. What was your school mascot?
A bear? Were we the bears? Can’t remember.
21. Would you do it again?
High school? Eh. Only if I’d have the motivation for school that I had in college.
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
I went with all my friends because Mr. Buttface didn’t want to go with me.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
I haven’t talked to any of my high school friends since like 2007.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
26. What are/were your school’s colors?
Red and black?