It’s ‘Murican Thanksgiving today! So in honor of that, here’s a list of things I am currently thankful for.
- I am thankful for my husband. Nate is an incredibly understanding, patient, kind, intelligent man, and I’m so fortunate to have met him and to have him love me as much as I love him. I truly believe that he is my soulmate.
- I am thankful for my mom. I don’t think there’s a way I could properly convey how much she’s done for me and how appreciative I am of everything she’s done and the fact that she lets me be who I am.
- I am thankful for my dad. We have a weird relationship (though I think my dad has a weird relationship with everyone, haha), but it works for us. He’s always done a lot for me, especially monetarily. For example, I wouldn’t be debt-free after 10 years of post-secondary school if it wasn’t for his help paying for my first undergrad run and letting me live in his basement when I went back and got my math degree.
- I am thankful for my kitties. Both Jazzy, who I see every day, and Annabelle, who I haven’t seen in quite some time, are incredibly important to me. They both needed just some love and attention in order to become wonderful little kitties.
- I am thankful for my job. It is the best job that I could possibly ever ask for, and the only way it could be better is if I knew it would be what I was doing for the rest of my life. Teaching stats really is my dream job, and I’m very fortunate to be able to do what I want for my job rather than be miserable (or at least less than happy) in a job that I don’t really have a passion for.
- I am thankful for my physical health. I very rarely get sick, I’m resistant to injuries, and I am physically capable of doing pretty much anything I need to do.
- I am thankful for the fact that my current circumstances allow me to walk as much as they do. This kind of goes along with the point about being physically healthy and the point about having the job that I have. I wouldn’t be able to do nearly as much walking if I wasn’t physically healthy, and I wouldn’t be able to do nearly as much walking if I had a regular 9-to-5 job.
- I am thankful for technology. Even (and maybe especially) the “smaller” technology, like calculators and watches. We’re surrounded by this stuff and use it constantly; it’s really easy to take it for granted.
- Finally, I am thankful for this blog. I might berate it and fail to update it regularly, but it’s a record of my past and thus is incredibly important to me. I’m glad it exists.