1. Do you like blue cheese?
I like most types of cheese. Blue cheese is not one of those types.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit?
Nope! I’ve never had the desire to. It seems pretty gross.
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd Amendment rights?
I do not own a gun, no. I don’t really want to, though I’ve always thought shooting (like at a range or skeet shooting or whatnot) would be a pretty cool hobby. BUT. I don’t know what the US is doing wrong as far as gun control goes, but it’s very obvious that they’re doing SOMETHING wrong. It needs to be fixed, and it needs to be fixed fast.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water?
Um…water-flavored? I HATE flavored water. A few weeks ago, I was on mile 15 of a walk and was SUPER thirsty. I went to a Safeway and grabbed the first normal-looking bottle of water I could, bought it, and went back outside. Without looking at the label, I opened it and took a big drink. Turns out it was grape-flavored water. Almost puked. Thirst was not quenched. Rage was fueled.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why?
I used to. But I don’t go to the doctor anymore, ‘cause they’re all hacks. Unless my illness/injury is at its absolute maximum severity, I can handle it on my own. Doctors can suck it.
6. How do you like your hot dogs?
Cooked, in a bun, and covered in a lot of ketchup. Simple.
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you haven’t shared before.
My favorite movies is Sunshine. But a movie I enjoy that I’ve been thinking a lot about lately is The Music Man. It’s fantastic. See?
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
I’m not usually thirsty in the morning. Though if I am, I want water.
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…)
CAN’T GET HIPPER THAN ME, BRO!
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why?
My engagement and wedding rings. For obvious reasons.
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it.
I actually don’t have a lot of what you would consider “hobbies.” I have a lot of things I like, but they don’t really translate into actual hobbies. Unless looking stuff up about [insert interest here] is a hobby. Then I have plenty.
But as far as traditional, non-debatable hobbies go, I’d say drawing is my favorite. It’s very tedious, and thus very relaxing.
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it?
Nope. Never expected it, either. And I honestly think that’s overdiagnosed nowadays, anyway.
13. What’s a thing you dislike or would change about yourself?
I do not have enough time to list everything I dislike/would want to change about myself right now. There’s a lot of it.
14. Middle name? Like it or not?
My middle name is the most common female middle name in the US (Marie). It goes well with my first and last names, but I’d be okay with a more unique one.
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week:
*stressed screeching* (it counts as a thought)
I’m happy to see my mom, but I miss Nate.
I NEED MORE WALKING MILES!
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them.
Um…I basically just drink water. So…water, water, and water. Not sure what else to say.
17. Current worry:
DON’T GET ME STARTED
18. Current annoyance:
DON’T GET ME STARTED
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the beach”.
Out walking. Anywhere. I like summer in Moscow because all the students are gone, but I’m enjoying walking in Calgary during the summer too, especially now that I’ve found the River Walk. It’s even better when it’s not storming.
20. How do you usually ring in the new year?
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please.
I ruined our planned vacation for this summer, ‘cause I’m just that special. So no pictures of that. Sorry.
22. Have you ever walked into a room with just shoes on?
Um…yes. Yes I have.