1. What’s overdue for a good cleaning?
Since I just cleaned and moved out of my old apartment and the new condo is pretty darn clean, I’d have to say my office. I have papers in there from last fall.
2. What’s overdue for some kind of professional examination, service, maintenance, or upkeep?
Probably my body, haha. I haven’t been to the doctor in forever (mainly because there is no such thing as a “good doctor” in Moscow—trust me, I’ve seen them all) and I’m too wary of doctors to even bother finding one up here. Once I break off an arm or lose all feeling in my butt or something I’ll go see a doctor. Promise. (Maybe.)
3. Who’s overdue for a phone call or letter to you?
My dad? Haha. Though I owe him one, too.
4. What’s overdue for an appearance in your neighborhood?
I have no idea. We just moved here!
5. Who’s overdue for a good comeuppance?
A certain someone who shall not be mentioned by name.
6. What’s a gross food you like anyway?
I like escargot. That’s something most people would probably find gross, huh?
7. Who’s an unlikeable person you like anyway?
How would I know if they’re unlikeable if I like them?
8. What’s an unpleasant task you enjoy performing anyway?
I like a lot of tedious stuff most people don’t like, but I can’t think of anything specific right now.
9. What’s a dumb song you enjoy anyway?
There’s a good number of songs out there with godawful lyrics but a fantastic beat, so I can’t help but enjoy them.
10. What’s a lousy restaurant you frequent anyway?
I don’t really frequent any restaurants anymore. I do like McDonald’s though.
11. What’s your favourite Sci-fi film/program etc?
I don’t like sci-fi in general, but if you consider Sunshine to be sci-fi, then Sunshine.
12. Have you ever had a proper Tarot reading?
Nope. I have a book on how to do one, though.
13. Have you ever used the phrase “back in my time” to someone younger than you?
14. Have you ever done something really unbelievable, only to have no one around to see it?
Yes! One Saturday, back when I was teaching, I was writing up my lecture notes for the random variables/probability section. I was discussing discrete vs. continuous random variables and I wanted to show that a continuous variable could take on any value in a given interval, so I mashed the number pad and got a number with 14 or so digits. Then I turned the page in the textbook that I was referencing and they had the EXACT SAME NUMBER as their example. I am not even kidding. Even today I can’t believe that happened. That’s basically statistically impossible, but it happened, dudes.
15. If you were famous would you want a statue or a building named after you?
Gimme a building!