I reiterate from my Market Mall post two weeks ago: Calgary is NOT flat.
Today I took a super roundabout route and went east to Sunridge Mall. Okay, I actually didn’t go in the mall. By the time I got there I had absolutely no desire to deal with crowds of people, so I just hung out in/around the peripheral stores instead. So I shall review them!
Mileage from home to mall (one way):
- A massive Real Canadian Superstore. Even bigger than the one on Marine Drive in Vancouver.
- A Real Canadian Liquorstore (I am not even kidding, that’s what they’re called)
- BULK BAAAAAAAAAAARN!
- A huge Value Village, which is like Goodwill on crack.
- Calgary! Why u no have consistent sidewalks on your main avenues?
- Value Village prices are like Goodwill prices + $5. But a pack of off-brand shredded cheese at WalMart is like $8, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
- The Bulk Barn is a tiny little thing. Plus it was closed by the time I got there.