1. What would you pick as a major, if you could go back to college and do it again?
I did go back to college and do it again (or am doing it again, I guess). I picked math.
2. Who is the one celebrity with whom you would most like to have an in-depth conversation?
Leibniz. He’s a celebrity. YES HE IS, SHUT UP AND LET ME LIVE IN MY FANTASY WORLD.
3. If you could make a living doing ANYthing, what would that be?
Doing statistics, teaching statistics, writing, blogging, raving about Leibniz.
4. What’s your all-time very favorite dessert?
Peanut M&Ms. Yup, I’m classy like that.
5. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
Jeans are for squares.
(I’m a triangle)
6. What is your favorite flower, and why?
I’m not much of a flower person. I can’t smell them so that kind of takes away some of their appeal. Sunflowers are badass, though.
7. What book has most changed your life?
Candide, ‘cause it got me interested in philosophy, which took my education in a very different direction.
It also introduced me to Leibniz. There’s not too much else I can say about that. ;)
8. What is your least favorite vegetable? Is there any way you can be persuaded to eat it?
Celery is the most disgusting thing ever (texture-wise). You can eat a stick of it with a whole jar of peanut butter and it will still be terrible.
9. If you could take a nonstop first class flight to any destination, where would you pick to land?
Either Antarctica (South Pole please?) or Hanover (Leibniz’ archives, please?)
10. If your 15 minutes of fame included a stint on American Idol, what song would be your trademark solo?
Well if we go off of what I sang in Rock Band, it would either be Peace of Mind or Maps.
11. If you could pick one former friend (who has remained elusive in this wild Facebook world) to reunite with, who would you unearth?
12. What period of history is your favorite to read about?
The European Enlightenment!!!!!
13. What is your favorite genre of fiction?
Historical’s always good.
14. Do you choose a book by its cover?
I choose a book by whether it’s on my list or not.
15. Where do you do most of your reading?
At the rec center on the recumbent bike.
16. Without looking, guess about how many books are in your TBR pile. Now look. Were you right?
Well, since I just recently re-started my 200 Books list, I’d say there are 195 left. Ah, I was two off. There are 193 left.
17. How many movies on your TBW list?
I have no such list.
18. What’s your favorite genre of movie?
“Horribly Scientifically Inaccurate Disaster Movie”
19. Do you still go to see movies in the theater?
20. You have $10,000 and no strings or obligations for one full day. Where do you go and what do you do?
Get up super early and go to Vancouver with my mom!
21. How many songs on your mp3 player?
2,000-something. Quite a few.
22. What comes next? Monster, monkey, helicopter…