401. Some say that high school is the best time of your life. Was that true for you?
It was quite an entertaining four years, but certainly not the best four years of my life.
402. What do you find yourself encouraging others to try?
R. Statistics. Vaios.
403. Which is better: Mel Brooks or Woody Allen?
404. When was the last time you were up all night?
Last time I was with my Moscow friends, I think.
405. _________ is life. The rest is just details. Fill in the blank.
406. Are people too complex and different to be categorized?
You can categorize ANYTHING!!
407. Is it good to have pride in your own race or does that separate people from each other because it makes them think of everyone else as ‘outsiders’?
There’s a difference between pride and arrogance, and I think a lot of problems stem from people not knowing the difference, especially with race.
We also tend to take ourselves way too seriously.
408. What fictional story would you like to live through?
OOOH The Caine Mutiny! LOVE that story.
409. Are cats or dogs smarter?
410. Have you ever guessed someone’s password and broken into their diary?
Nope. I never would want to, either.
411. What teacher, if any, has affected you the most in your life?
Dr. O’Rourke! He got me into philosophy.
And Dr. Cannon, ‘cause he introduced me to Leibniz.
412. Are you more easily bored or excited?
Haha, excited. Oh my.
413. What’s the bravest or most daring thing you have ever done?
I’d say taking 25 credits is pretty brave.
414. “What’s the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking?” (- Adam Ant)
Boredom? Desire to become a member of Ocean’s 11?
415. If your man or woman served you breakfast in bed as a treat what would you want?
Pancakes rule! But only if my man or woman would be able to join me in bed to share them.
416. What do you do only when you are upset?
Uh, have panic attacks?
417. What’s the oddest CD in your collection?
I think I only have about 4 CDs now.
418. What’s the best diary name you ever saw?
419. What would your friends be surprised to learn about you?
Something I’m not ready to disclose as of yet.
420. Who owes you an apology?
421. Who deserves an apology from you?
I still feel the need to keep apologizing to Rob.
422. How would you like to treat your kids differently from the way your parents treated you?
No kids! Get them away!
423. Which do you like best: 60’s, 70’s or 80’s fashion?
424. What is the worst pick up line ever used on you?
No one has ever used a pick up line on me.
425. Of the following, which word best describes you: inventive, kinetic (energetic), light-hearted, mature
426. Do you own a record player?
427. How easily do you make friends?
It depends, really.
428. What is the difference between having character and being a character?
I think people generally apply the phrase “he/she’s a character” to someone loud and charismatic. Having character, in my opinion, just means you have some sort of redeemable quality (or qualities) that get noticed by some people.
429. Are there any animals you flat out refuse to touch?
I. Hate. Dragonflies.
430. Do you care about your weight?
431. Did you/will you go to the prom?
I went. I danced in front of a giant light for like five hours. I got glitter in places no human should ever get glitter.
432. Have you ever wanted to date twins?
DUDE that would be pretty rockin’.
433. What one thing would you change about high school if you could?
Hahaha, I wouldn’t have wasted my time obsessing over Lead. Anyone who knows me knows who Lead is and the whole saga surrounding them.
434. If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
“Highly chromatic. May be dangerous to sensitive eyes.”
435. Are you artistic and creative?
I pretend to be.
436. What were you (probably) doing on this date last year?
January 24th? Was that a Sunday?
Probably playing Fallout and ignoring the nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to do research.
437. What are you obsessed with?
Hahahaha. Statistics, philosophy, Leibniz, color, blogging.
438. What was the last compliment you received?
I was told I look about 16 by an overly concerned gentlemen who thought I was too young to be out on Hastings-Sunrise alone (though I think *anyone* is too young to be out on Hastings-Sunrise alone).
439. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
440. Who would you like to be alone with right now?
I AM alone. I’ve been alone for quite some time now.
441. Do you push people away when you really want them to come closer?
Depends on who it is.
442. Is a prenuptial agreement necessary or does it take the romance and trust out of marriage?
If both parties agree to it, then I don’t think it’s a problem.
443. Do you lie your way out of things?
Haha, when I’m desperate.
444. Are you better at talking or listening?
Depends on the subject.
445. What will only happen to you once in this lifetime?
446. Know of any conspiracy theories you think might be credible?
Does “Google is a superpower waiting to strike” count as one?
447. What are the most beautiful words that have ever been spoken to you?
Not sure about this one.
448. If it were legal would you own a human slave (race unimportant)?
449. Have you ever read your own writing at a poetry reading?
450. What is one simple thing that gives you the happy shivers?
Three words: principal components analysis.
451. What do you do for exercise?
Elliptical machine, walking, sprinting to the bus, weights.
452. Would you rather have a strict teacher with a sense of humor or a lenient teacher that doesn’t teach?
Strict + humor.
453. If you ever have a baby what might you want to name it?
Babies suck. But I like the name Adam.
454. If you won free tickets to a concert from a radio show and had to choose between Inxs, Poison, Blondie and Moby, which would you choose?
455. Are you a good cook?
I’m not too shabby for someone without a sense of smell.
456. Do you prefer when things come with no assembly required, even if they are a bit more expensive?
Generally. It’s easier that way.
457. Start a sentence with the words: what if
What if we all got what we wanted?
458. Are you more spontaneous and unpredictable or loyal and routine?
So, so totally routine.
459. What is the highest number you can count to in your head?
Haha, I’ve never really paid attention to what number’s been the highest.
460. How do you go about losing weight?
Never really consciously tried.
461. Do you have street smarts?
462. Do you have a lot of common sense?
In general, yes.
463. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
464. What’s your favorite movie that involves dancing?
There’s like 50 seconds of dancing in Mystery Men, can I pick that?
465. Would you ever want to become a guest on a talk show? If yes what would the show’s theme be?
I would suck as a guest on a talk show. I don’t think I’d want to do it.
466. Do you like the way you look naked?
467. Have you ever dissected an animal?
A frog, a rat, a cow’s heart/lungs.
468. Who do you know who is brilliant?
Sean’s pretty freaking smart. Nick, too. And Lead…
469. Who do you know who is dull?
I don’t think I’d qualify anyone I know as “dull.”
470. Do you ever think about time travel?
Indeed. I almost wrote my NaNo on it before I realized that science fiction is not really my thing.
471. What is one interesting fact you know?
The sun makes a full rotation about once every 25 earth days.
472. Do you talk to yourself?
473. Do you believe that humankind has a future in space (will we live there someday)?
I think we’re going to try and do something with Mars at some point, but aside from that, I’m not sure.
474. Would you rather wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or more delicate outfits?
As long as they’re colorful as hell, it doesn’t matter.
475. How do you ‘live life to the fullest’?
I analyze stuff to try and find the connections in the universe.
I also eat M&Ms.
476. Are you sloppy or a neat freak?
477. Would you rather have a trunk full of nickels or half a trunk full of dimes?
Dimes are superior to nickels.
478. What is the worst mistake you’ve ever made?
Ohhhh, we’re not going to go into that little saga.
479. Are you in good health?
Physical? Yes. Mental? Noooo.
480. Are you patriotic?
Let’s play fact or crap. Is it a fact? Or is it crap?
481. The greenhouse effect is bad for your health.
Crap. The greenhouse effect is necessary for life.
482. There are about as many molecules of air in one breath as there are hairs on your head.
Crap. There are probably way more.
483. The Miss America pageant started out as a contest in which people decorated wheel chairs and one chair was judged the prettiest.
Hahahahaha. Can’t even answer this one.
484. To remove a tattoo a physician can place a small balloon under the skin, which is inflated so that the tattooed skin gradually stretches. Then they cut the stretched skin away.
Ouch. That seems like an overly complicated way of getting rid of a tattoo. I hope this one is crap.
485. Cock fighting is a sexual sport.
How I wish this weren’t crap.
486. It is the warmest time of the day during the hour that the sun is the highest in the sky.
Crap. At least in Moscow.
487. Certain scientists specialize in studying cow farts.
Probably true. And they probably all work at the U of I.
488. The brilliant colors (reds, oranges, yellows) across the sky that we get from sunsets are caused mainly by pollution.
Crap. It’s the atmosphere!
489. In Grimm’s original fairy tale, Rapunzel is pregnant.
Fact? The original fairy tales were brutal.
490. Dracula was the first movie about a vampire.
491. The inventors of Corn Flakes, the Kellogg brothers, ran a school for delinquent youth.
Not sure on this one.
492. “Kemo Sabe” means “soggy shrub” in Navajo.
493. Sir Thomas Crapper invented the toilet.
Crap. He invented the ballcock, though. I know a lot about the toilet thanks to a junior high project.
494. The Earl of Sandwich invented the Sandwich.
Weren’t there like five Earls of Sandwich?
495. Some Chinese alchemists were trying to invent an immortality medicine and accidentally invented gunpowder instead.
496. The human body is made of about 99% water.
497. Bubble gum contains rubber.
Crap. It probably contains a lot worse, though.
498 This survey to the zero power = 0.
499. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
I think this is fact.
500. There are 86401 seconds in day
Crap, at least technically.