Hey ladies and gents. Today I shall present you with a recipe for salad. Because it’s a freaking awesome salad.
Ingredients you shall need:
- Broccoli (1 ounce – I don’t know how many little florets this is; I’m picky about the way I cut my broccoli. Guesstimate or use a food scale)
- Carrots (1 ounce – approximately three baby carrots)
- Radishes (two medium-sized ones)
- Cauliflower (2 ounces – approximately two large florets)
- Shredded parmesan cheese (3 tablespoons, or to taste; I like cheese)
- Lettuce (100 grams – I use iceberg lettuce)
- Croutons (20 grams – about a small handful)
- Dressing (2 tablespoons – I use Kraft Calorie Wise Caesar)
Use a cheese grater to grate the carrots, radishes, and cauliflower (I just run the whole cauliflower florets over the grater, it seems to work best that way) and combine with the broccoli, chopped any way you prefer. Add the parmesan and stir. It should look something like this:
Pick apart lettuce to manageable sizes and add to the mixture. Toss to mix everything up. Add the dressing and toss again, then finally add the croutons. Voila!
Note: this makes a lot of salad, but depending on the type of dressing/croutons/cheese you use, it can still be pretty healthy. My version runs about 250 calories (10 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber, almost 11 grams of protein), which is pretty good for the volume. I eat this and Mini Wheats for dinner ‘cause I’m weird.
Today’s song: The Fame by Lady Gaga
That sounds really good, I’m actually thinking about proposing that as a special salad of the week at Bobs.
Really? Thanks, dude! It’d look better in the picture, but my kitchen lights make everything look more yellow-ish than they should.
You will be free from Bob’s soon!
Since that’s where I work. Monday through Friday, 4-8, salad bar. Every week. Blah.
[…] SO MUCH VEGGIE. How good does that look? Recipe here. […]