So I’ve had my domain name (eigenblogger.com) for a year now. The WordPress map was implemented at about the same time:
Every continent except for Antarctica, bitches!
More specific viewing locations from ClustrMap:
I’ve actually got a couple milestones coming up:
10,000 views (since I’ve been on WordPress)
My 2,500th post (a fourth of the way to my goal!): that’s coming up in like 15 days
7-year anniversary: May 1st…it’s awhile until then, but still.
So if you’re reading this you’ve probably seen the changes I made with respect to the title and color of my blog. Purple and blue are nice, but rainbows are “me.”
I had some other colors for the lettering of “Eigenblogger” other than the yellow—purple, white, black, blue—but I think yellow works the best.
There might be a few other tweaks in the next few days, so if things are tripping around, don’t freak out.
As if anyone visits this thing daily.
Blahasfhsalrghs sorry guys.
Actually, I should be more specific, huh?
1. Sorry for getting around to posting these like every 25 days or so, and
2. Sorry for the extremely erratic posting shenanigans of the past two days.
With regards to #1:
I know I’ve been totally slacking when it comes to getting these posts up, so I want to apologize for making you all wait (‘cause I know you totally wake up in the morning thinking, “I wonder if Claudia’s blog is updated? Oh sweet Jesus, let her blog be updated!”) and also for inundating those of you who’ve subscribed with dozens of “Claudia has posted a new blog!” alerts all at once.
With regards to #2:
This one wasn’t entirely my fault (or so I’m going to claim). Yesterday I posted a whole slog of blogs within like 30 seconds because I had them all saved as drafts and I just had to press one button to get them published. Anyway, I think WordPress saw it as some sort of spam blogging account and put a block on my posting abilities. I contacted them and it got resolved this morning. That’s why you saw like 10 blogs yesterday and the rest of them today.
Also, you guys are super quick to comment (TOTALLY NOT A COMPLAINT, I love you all). But it’s 10 PM and I just got home from work, so it may be a bit before I acknowledge your comments, haha.
A new blog year is coming up for me TOMORROW, so I’ll make it one of my “New Year’s” resolutions to try and get these things posted within two or three days of their creation. I know it’s not a big effort to copy/paste/press “post” but I’m a lazy butt. And I’ll update my “About” page finally.
Apologies again, and hopefully this won’t happen anymore.
(Haha, I can dream, right?)
Point of interest: Word 2010 automatically capitalizes Viagra.
Point of interest II: The spambots of WordPress really seem to think I have a penis.
Point of interest III: I don’t quite know what I did to provoke them; all of a sudden I’m getting like 30 spam comments per day. Odd.
That’s all. Sorry my life isn’t exciting at all.
Haha, the blog’s gettin’ revamped all over the place. Today’s upgrade: my own domain!
I can now be found at www.eigenblogger.com (the old eigenblogger.wordpress.com will redirect). Yay!
I also added a “Best Of” tab at the top which contains my ten favorite blogs. Just in case people who are passing through would like a taste of some of the better posts of mine (because 95% of them suck).
Further upgrades will occur throughout the week. I also only have to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday because Arizona is apparently obsessed with rodeos enough to shut down the community college.
OOH and I got a new bike! Pics soon.
BAM, new WordPress theme! Like it? I like how the sidebar (the content to the right) is separate from the main blog. I also like how each post gets its own little box.
Anyway, I’m still having the WordPress vs. Typepad argument in my head. If I stay on WordPress, I’m going to buy my own domain and be www.eigenblogger.com, because that looks awesome and I think (nearly) six years of blogging deserves its own domain.
Okay, that’s all. Sorry. Short blog time.
Hello ladies and gents. There is something special about today’s blog.
Today is my 2,000th blog!
This means it’s been 2,000 days since May 1st, 2006. That simultaneously sounds so long and yet so short.
In modest celebration (“modest” meaning “not extravagant;” all my crap’s packed up and I’m sitting in a hotel waiting to go home tomorrow and thus haven’t really had time to make a huge celebration blog), I’m going to list my top 20 blog titles and top 20 blogs. Because that’s kind of what I do.
Top 20 Titles (yes, most of these are stupid puns. Deal.)
- Are the bulbs of mercury at the bottom of thermometers collectively known as H.G. Wells?
- I just realized I’m illiterate and now I cacng apbtrtht kd thactgs
- Do physical comedians suffer from post-dramatic jest disorder?
- Circular reasoning works because circular reasoning works because circular reasoning works…
- Do philosophy departments have Causal Fridays?
- My new position at the PepsiCo factory isn’t the greatest job in the world, but I’m making Dew
- Waiter! There’s a tachyon in my—oh wait, there it goes, never mind.
- Is a theorem about pickles called a dill lemma?
- I am 95% confident that the population parameter ‘love’ falls between you and me
- If you want to eat an apple pie, you must first consume the universe
- Yo blog title, I’mma let you finish, but this entry holds one of the best blogs of all time
- I used to teach a failing fly-tying class until I realized my efforts were all for knot.
- I used to work at a bridal shop specializing in headdresses. My work there was to know a veil.
- Hammer Time is the fifth dimension
- How much fit would an index fit if the index indexed fit?
- Is Superman’s costume considered his strong suit?
- Silly Rabbit…Trix are for Magicians
- This just in: geophagists across the globe are biting the dust!
- Some Days I Miss My Sanity. Other Days I’m Just a Toaster.
- Waiter! There’s an infinite loop in my Waiter! There’s an infinite loop in my Waiter!…
Top 20 Blogs
- The Second Continental Chatroom – This is probably the only halfway funny thing I’ve ever written. Fueled by Chips Ahoy, baby. Fueled by Chips Ahoy.
- Claudia the Angry Blogger Presents: Yet Another Rant against Pretty Much Everything – This blog started as like three paragraphs and ballooned to a full-on “I hate change, especially on the internet” rant. It makes me happy.
- U Can’t Prove This – I’m really not sure how I managed to rewrite U Can’t Touch This while under the incredible stress of a 25-credit finals week, but here it is.
- HOT DAMN, Tukey Sandwiches! – I think the “pun to normal content” ratio is at its most ridiculous in this blog.
- Multicollinearity: The Silent Killer – If you don’t talk to your kid about near linear dependence, who will?
- A STATELY CHALLENGE – Because my first draft of the US without reference to a map is hilarious.
- My new position at the PepsiCo factory isn’t the greatest job in the world, but I’m making Dew – Philosophy of science stuff.
- Damn this infernal 95 character limit! I have witty things to say in my titles! This is crap! – Bashing Microsoft ’07: a happy pastime of mine.
- Pi vs. e – Alternate title: “R has two subsequent heart attacks.”
- Blameworthiness and the Anonymous Judge: An Analysis of FML Categories – My hypothesis was supported! WOO! I’d also like to expand this study at some point.
- If a blog falls in the forest… – Because of the Pokemon card.
- Gordon Freeman: A Case Study – Because of Gordon Freeman.
- Apple stores are goddamn scary – In terms of frightening corporate power, Apple is still < Google, but both should be watched carefully.
- An analysis of statewise uniform population density (according to Craigslist) – More stats fun.
- I’ve been waiting years for this – I remember being SO HAPPY when I opened the M&Ms package.
- Piece of Pi – More song parody! More math!
- Are the bulbs of mercury at the bottom of thermometers collectively known as H.G. Wells? – I really don’t know why I like this blog, I just do. Hippos.
- In This Blog: My Data Look like a Napkin Swan – Because of the uncanny and hilarious resemblance.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is like a bad drug trip – It is! Seriously!
- Waiter! There’s a hippo in my Taco Grande! – Ye olde rant against pants. One of my early blogs.
Yay for 2,000 blogs. Here’s to 2,000 more, eh?
30-Day Meme – Day 21: A recipe.
YAY, a recipe! Cooking = win. Here’s one from the internet and one of my own.
1. Internet recipe
This makes a phenomenal breakfast/anytime bread. Super easy to make and crumbly as hell, this bread has a really good texture to it that adds to the sweet (but not overly so) taste. The only problem is that it goes moldy quite quickly if you try to stretch its life for more than five or six days.
2. Claudia recipe
You know I have to plug my Tukey sandwiches again (even though I just did), made and named in honor of the brilliant John Tukey. Because nothing says “you’re an awesome statistician” like a punny sandwich.
Hey, guess what? Today marks my 1-year anniversary on WordPress after freeing my blogs from the tyranny of MySpace.
Number of views
Scrabble Letter Values and the QWERTY Keyboard
TWSB: Well, it certainly would make the cartographer’s job easier…
Some pretty funny stuff
Claudia’s 365 Days of Music – A Review
An analysis of statewise uniform population density (according to Craigslist)
Top search engine terms
“scrabble letter breakdown”
“scrabble letter values”
“le seul mot juste”
Here’s to another year!
HEY LADIES AND GENTS!
So even though I’ve got (at most) two regular* readers, I’ve been thinking as of late of leaving WordPress and getting my own blog with my own domain name.
Because I think five years of continuous blogging deserves its own special place on the web, even though nobody else really cares about it. I’ve been looking into TypePad for the next move ‘cause I’ve been following a few blogs based off of TypePad, and they all look nice and run smoothly.
TypePad is also pretty customizable, so it seems, and affordable and secure.
However, I’m a lazy butt and just got done moving all my MySpace archives to WordPress, and I’m not sure how difficult moving the archives again would be. I suppose I could do a bit of research into that, but, you know…lazy butt.
Anyway. Just thought that would be my post for today, since everything’s been pretty uneventful apart from thesis writing for the past few days.
*“regular” as defined as those who keep up with my erratic posting habits. Sorry about that.