1. What’s something you hide about your personality?
I try to hide my horrible, horrible temper. I think a lot of people think I’m like this super quiet, not-bothered-by-anything type of person, but I’ve got a really bad temper. Michael Jones is my spirit animal.
2. How do you deal with criticism?
Ha. Not well. I’m better than I used to be, but I still get way defensive. It’s an issue.
3. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
Just talk to me. I’m lonely here.
4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why?
PHILEAS FOGG, BRO. The dude is so composed and meticulous and strikes me as a total INTJ…I envy his awesomeness.
5. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?
A particular friend whose name I shall not mention. I don’t think they read this blog.
6. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do?
Pfft, my parents are awesome.
7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why?
Oh jeez, I don’t know. I haven’t watched enough movies to find a character I really identify with. I really LIKE Dr. Searle from Sunshine, but then again I’m in love with that entire movie, so yeah.
8. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
Crowbar. “GORDON’S BACK, BITCHES!”
9. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you?
I was calling Aaron “Aaron to the 0th” for awhile because one night we were on the couch being sickeningly lovey-dovey and we eventually got to “you’re my favorite to the zeroth power because that makes you my number one.”
Yeah, I know.
10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?
I actually don’t know. I can’t recall something I used to just LOVE but now is just “meh.”
12. Describe your dream library.
All my favorite books lined up in height order from shortest to tallest. Really, that’s all I ask for. OH, and a Leibniz shrine. And some dude who can translate all of Leibniz’ works for me.
13. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?
It would be a psycho roller coaster with lots of color and water and upside-down-ness.
14. Do you have any “rules” about food?
Dude, we don’t even want to go there tonight.
15. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
Doesn’t bother me. As long as they’re happy.
16. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?
I would make sweet, hot love to Gottfried Leibniz, 100% not kidding. HAHA OH WAIT I’M NOT EMBARRASSED TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THAT AT ALL.
That’s like how I start my conversations now.
“Hi, nice to meet you. I’m in love with a dead polymath and his incredible wig!”
17. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for.
I really, really, really miss living with the guys in that craptastic house. That was seriously the best year ever.
1. What is the most accident-prone area on your body?
Probably my fingers. Always slicin’ ‘em up or something.
3. Do you visit icon/photo sites on [Tumblr]?
Oh god. Tumblr. I haven’t checked that site in like five nanoseconds.
4. Have you ever taken showers at a friend’s house before?
Actually, I don’t think I have.
5. Do you like mussels, the seafood?
I’ve never had mussels.
6. Do you own any Hello Kitty apparel/accessories?
7. When was the last time you drew all over a balloon?
Haha, wow. Actually, I think it was when I was living with the guys. I seem to recall some balloon-drawing going on there.
8. Do you think mint tastes nasty?
It’s not my favorite. I don’t like mint gum.
9. What is your favourite cough drop flavour?
Nooo, keep them away! They totally destroy what little sense of taste I have for like a week and a half.
10. Have you ever gone to the beach in the winter?
Yes. But it was Hawaii, so I could still swim and stuff.
11. When was the last time you got a nosebleed?
Pretty recently. I’ve been getting them a lot lately.
12. Do you love Raisinets as much as I do?
Raisinets suck, man.
13. Isn’t Target a cool store?
14. Is there a nearby park in your community?
There’s one like .09 miles away. And then there’s another one about .75 miles away!
15. When was the last time you discussed with your friends about masturbating?
Um…it’s been awhile.
16. Have you taken a Health class yet?
17. Do you know of anyone with a ‘fro?
18. How often do you get homework over the weekend?
19. Do you use index cards to help you study for tests?
I do indeed. It’s pretty much the only way I study.
20. Abominable Snowman or the Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot?
21. Do you enjoy reminiscing about the past or looking forward to the future?
22. Have you got a favourite brand of beer?
I don’t like beer.
23. Don’t you just love WhackaMole?
I don’t think I’ve ever played it.
24. When was the last time you said “it’s what all the cool kids do”?
I say it all the time. After all, it’s what all the cool kids do.
25. Can you play Smoke On Water on the guitar?
No, but I can play it on the clarinet. Which is substantially cooler.
26. Did you walk around school during your lunch period or stay seated in the cafeteria the whole time?
Junior high: I locked myself in a bathroom stall and read Catcher in the Rye because I was that girl.
High school: I pelted my friends with bread and did inappropriate stuff in the hallways because I was that girl.
27. Do you flip people off during class? Have you ever gotten caught by the teacher?
Why on earth would I flip people off during class?
28. Have you ever ridden a subway before?
I’ve ridden DA SKY TRAIN!
And a few actual subways.
29. Don’t you hate getting ulcers inside your lip or on your tongue? How do you treat them?
I just let them go away on their own.
30. Have you ever ridden in a red wagon before?
31. When was the last time you held a lemonade stand? Did you make much moola?
Never tried that.
32. Do you prefer cold water or hot water?
To drink or bathe? Cold and hot, respectively. Unless I’m making tea, in which case it needs to be hot water. I hate cold tea.
33. Do you wash your hands after coming home from school/work?
I tend to wash my hands at strange times.
34. Do you flush your toilet paper down the toilet or toss it in the trash?
Why would I toss it in the trash? That’s…weird.
35. Have you ever gone into a public bathroom and heard someone taking a crap? Did you tell your friends and/or laugh about it?
People crap. Big deal.
1. Unoriginal question…what color Apples are your favorite?
I do not like red apples. My favorite green apple is Granny Smith.
2. If you got to choose one wild Animal as your pet, what would it be?
Elephant? I dunno.
3. Who do you Admire most?
4. Would you ever consider becoming an Actor/Actress?
I think that would be awesome. But I’m ugly as sin, so that would never happen.
5. When did you last get Angry?
I’m always angry at something. Usually me.
6. Are you scared of Bees?
Bees freak me the hell out.
7. Have you ever kissed anyone with the name of Ben?
8. Do you like the color Brown?
It’s not the best color, but it’s not the worst.
9. What does your favorite Bag look like?
I don’t think I have a favorite bag.
10. When was the last time you had a Barbeque?
11. Do like Cats? Why or why not?
I love cats. Because.
12. When was the last time you went Camping?
It’s been a loooooooooooong time.
13. What is your favorite article of Clothing?
I love my lime green hammer pants.
14. Have you ever collected Coins?
Only to spend, haha.
15. Is Christmas your favorite holiday?
Christmas is pretty awesome.
16. When you were younger, did you play with Dolls a lot?
17. Do you own any Dogs?
Not much of a dog person.
18. Do you like the name Devon?
19. Have you ever swam with Dolphins?
20. How often do you say the word Damn?
Hahaha, a lot.
21. How do you celebrate Earth Day?
I always forget it.
22. Have you ever ridden on an Elephant?
23. How do you like your Eggs?
Scrambled with salt and pepper.
24. What is the Easiest subject for you in school?
Man, I don’t know. Writing/English?
25. Do you have your Ears pierced?
26. When was the last time you had chocolate Fudge?
I don’t like fudge.
27. Do you know anyone named Frankie?
28. Why did you last have a Fever?
It was Saturday night.
29. Tell me a Flaw about yourself?
30. Do you ever get Frostys from Wendy’s?
Nope. I used to make them, though!
31. Are/Were you a good student in school?
32. When did you last feel 100% Great?
It’s been a looooooooong time.
33. Would others describe you as Goofy?
34. Gummy worms or Gummy bears?
35. Have you ever seen a Ghost?
Well, there was the whole Bloody Mary thing. But I’ve never SEEN anything, no.
36. Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?
37. What is your favorite Holiday?
Christmas is okay.
38. Describe to me what your dream House would be:
Small. Colorful. Warm. Fluorescent lights everywhere. HUGE sound system.
39. What is your favorite Hat that you own?
I have a little Sherlock Holms-esque thingy my grandma got me. It’s my walking hat.
40. Have you ever ridden a Horse? If yes, did you like it?
Apparently I had a pony when I was a child. This blew my mind when my mom told me. I’m not a fan of horses nowadays.
41. On a scale 1-10, how much do you like the name Isabel?
42. Are you Italian?
43. Do you like Ice in your drink?
44. How many times have you been Ice skating?
Quite a number. Skating’s fun!
45. What is the best Idea you’ve had this week?
I don’t have good ideas.
46. Did you ever own a Jack-in-the-box?
HAHAHA, my first thought was the franchise. I’m demented.
47. Where is your favorite Jacket from?
My dad bought it for me in 2003 for our trip to Stockholm. I still wear it like all the time.
48. Do you use Jam on your toast?
49. Do you have any Jack-o-lanterns hanging around your house at the moment?
Halloween in May!
50. Have you ever been on a Jet plane?
51. First question that came to mind…who did you last Kiss?
GOD I CAN’T EVEN REMEMBER IT’S BEEN THAT LONG.
52. Have you ever been Kayaking?
53. Who holds the Key to your heart?
54. Would you ever want a Kangaroo for a pet?
55. Have you ever seen a real King before?
56. Do you like your Lips?
They’re pretty much the only part of my body that doesn’t constantly bother me.
57. What was the last game you Lost?
I can’t even remember the last game I played.
58. What is your favorite Letter?
59. What’s your favorite color Leaf?
60. How many Lamps are there in the room you’re currently in?
61. Where is your Mom right now?
In her new trailer here in Moscow!
62. Do you own any scary Masks?
63. What is your favorite type of Meat?
Probably tuna. Or turkey.
64. Would you ever want to live in a Mansion?
Not permanently, but it’d be fun for a week or so.
65. Are you a Maneater?
66. Are you really Nice?
I try to be.
67. Have you ever caught a butterfly in a Net?
“I’ve had it up to here with these butterflies! I CAN’T TAKE THE POLITICS!”
68. Do you write Notes often?
69. Are you scared of Needles?
70. Do you Never say Never?
71. Do you like the brand O’neill?
The what now?
72. How many times have you swam in the Ocean?
73. Do you like Oyster crackers?
74. Are you scared of Octopus?
Haha, just one? Or is that a villain? OCTOPUS WILL INK YO’ SOUL!
75. Do you enjoy Olives?
76. What do you do to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
77. Pens or Pencils?
78. Do you think Pigs are cute?
79. When was the last time you Packed to go somewhere?
I always “pack” to go walking, ’cause I use a different backpack and carry specific things.
80. Would you ever wear a Parka?
81. Do you like taking online Quizzes?
82. What is a Question that many people ask you?
“You’re 25?!” Apparently I look like I’m 18 or something.
83. How many Quarters are in your wallet?
84. Would you ever want to be Queen?
I’d screw things up.
85. Do you remember Quail boy from Doug?
86. Is your favorite color Red?
87. Do you often spit Rhymes?
88. What was the last book you Read?
The Calculus Wars. Yeah, I haven’t had much time to read for pleasure lately. I barely have time to sleep. Shut up.
89. Is currently Raining?
90. Are you wearing any Rings?
91. Do you have a Sweet tooth?
92. What is your favorite Smell?
93. Don’t you love Summer?
I do. Summer makes me happy.
94. Where do you hang the Stockings during Christmas?
I don’t have stockings.
95. Would you ever want to Sail the Seven Seas?
That sounds fun!
96. Have you ever played a Trombone?
That’s one of the few instruments I’ve never even tried to play.
97. Do you ever say Tisk Tisk?
98. Have you ever slept in a Tent?
Long ago, yes.
99. Turtles or Tigers?
100. Do ever eat at the dining room Table?
Haha, don’t have one.
101. Will you stand under my Umbrella?
Ella, ella, ey, ey, ey!
102. Where are your Underwear from that you’re currently wearing? And what color are they?
I have no idea where I bought them. They’re white.
103. Would you ever like to visit Uranus?
105. Do/Did you have to wear a Uniform to school?
106. Are any of the clothes you are wearing now Velvet?
107. What was the last Vacation you went on?
Uh…that time my mom and I went to Phoenix to meet Matt?
108. Do you own a Van?
109. Are there any Vases in your house?
Not in the basement, no.
110. What is your most Valuable possesion?
111. What is your favorite Word?
112. Do you still own a Wagon?
Only when I play Oregon Trail 3.
113. Where was the last place you walked to? Other than the room you’re in now:
Walmart? I think it was Walmart.
114. When you were younger, did you have a ‘magic Wand’?
115. What is happening to the World?
Exactly what’s supposed to be happening.
116. What was the last X-ray you got? Why?
X-RAY AND VAV!! (sorry, lots of Achievement Hunter vids have been watched recently.)
117. Have you ever played a Xylophone?
Maybe? Not sure.
118. Do you like the name Xavier?
119. Do you know what Xerography is?
THE ART OF THE XEROX!! (but yeah, I actually do know what xerography is.)
120. Are you aware that not many words begin with the letter X?
121. Do you believe that kids your age are too Young to be in love?
I’m 25. So no.
122. Do you own a Yo-Yo?
123. Do you like the color Yellow?
Indeed I do! Favorite primary color, yo.
124. When did you last Yawn?
I don’t really keep track of those enough to remember.
125. Have you gone in your backyard today?
Just to get out of the house.
126. Don’t you just love the Zoo?
127. Do you like Zebras?
128. Is there a Zipper on any of your clothes right now?
129. Do you watch the Suite Life of Zack and Cody?
130. How come nobody’s favorite number is Zero?
Who’s to say it isn’t?
As I said in my Facebook status:
Number of pages this essay has to be: 15
Number of pages it is: 45
Percent of essay I still have to write to make it at least somewhat complete: ~60%
Dammit, Vancouver, you’re still screwing with me.
I don’t think it will be possible to cut this down to the required length by Monday.
Here’s a survey.
1.) What are 3 things on your wish list and why?
Ace my discrete math final, ace my calc II final, ace my computer science final. All the reasons are the same: because school is pretty much all I’ve got going for me.
2.) What do you miss about your childhood?
Not too much. I guess I miss my old routines more than anything. I’m a routine type of person.
3.) What do you do on your spare time on the weekends?
“Spare time?” What is this concept?
4.) What do you appreciate most in your life?
5.) Would you rather be rich or healthy?
6.) If you could go back in time would you and why?
7.) Favorite game as a child?
I have no idea. Does our made-up game of Coos count?
8.) What is your dream career?
Either what I’m doing now or something very close to it: a stats teacher!
9.) What do you do in your free time?
See question 3.
10.) Favorite clothing stores?
11.) What TV shows can’t you live without?
I still love Metalocalypse more than pretty much every TV show. Season 5, where are you?!
12.) 3 things you need in your life are:
Intelligence, more intelligence, and some new socks.
13.) What can’t you sleep without?
14.) What are you currently a nerd for?
I don’t really like to self-identify as a “nerd,” but I suppose I would say statistics, math/mathematicians, Leibniz (though I think the appropriate phrase here would be “stalker of”), and some particular games (Half Life and Quake for sure, and probably Fallout 3).
15.) What is your favorite seasoning?
Did you know I used to get “seasoning” mixed up with “seasons” and was always bothered by the fact that no one acknowledged the “pepper” and “salt” seasons, which were clearly in between winter and fall (pepper) and spring and summer (salt)? I was a freaking idiot.
16.) What is your favorite wild animal?
Uhhh…elephant seal? I don’t know.
17.) Name 3 of your favorite childhood shows:
Eek! The Cat, Tailspin, and freaking Reading Rainbow, yo.
18.) If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be?
OOOH I wanna be Dr. Searle in Sunshine. I don’t care that he dies, he’s awesome.
19.) Favorite vegetable?
20.) Favorite Fruit?
Apples I suppose.
21.) If you had a dragon what would you name it?
Octavius Pyrotechnic Lawrence Wellington Joe III
22.) What do you put on hotdogs?
I don’t eat hotdogs more than like once per every five years. But I put ketchup on them and nothing else.
23.) Do you play online games?
24.) What’s your favorite way to get inspired?
25.) Do you have a middle name?
Indeed I do.
Uh oh, I downloaded Minecraft.
Damn you, Achievment Hunter. Damn you.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Nothing Else Matters by Apocalyptica
I Predict a Riot by Kaiser Chiefs
Lucky by Lucky Twice
Eugene by Andrew Birds
Royksopp Forever by Royksopp
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Do they have to be living?
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
“An indication of how much agreement there is between sets of scores may be obtained by squaring the correlation coefficient.” (A Psychometrics Primer by Paul Kline)
4) What do you think about most?
The future. Connections between things.
5) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Not that I’m aware of.
6) Do you have any strange phobias?
None that I think are particularly strange.
7) What’s your religion?
I tend toward hylozoism.
8) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
9) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
I dig Muse.
10) What was the last lie you told?
I can’t remember.
11) Do you believe in karma?
13) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Being a total idiot; trying not to be a total idiot.
14) Who is your celebrity crush?
I’m sure you can guess.
15) How do you vent your anger?
16) Do you have a collection of anything?
17) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
18) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
Babies crying (visceral response: puncture own eardrums); brown noise
19) What’s your biggest “what if”?
What if I were smarter?
20) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
Meh. I don’t think anyone can really know at this point.
21) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
Right arm: TV (my desk is in a weird spot). Left arm: the lamp.
22) Smell the air. What do you smell?
I will stab you.
23) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
24) Most attractive singer/s of your opposite gender?
25) To you, what is the meaning of life?
26) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
I CAN drive, I just don’t anymore. And no.
27) What was the last movie you saw?
28) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
Uh…appendicitis? Does that count as an injury?
29) Do you have any obsessions right now?
30) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
Yes. We’ll not talk about it here.
31) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
I really try not to. What’s the point?
32) What is your astrological sign?
I’m an Aquarius, fools.
33) What’s the last thing you purchased?
Tower of Pimps shirt! Yes, I’m obsessed. No, I don’t care.
34) Love or lust?
35) In a relationship?
36) How many relationships have you had?
I’ve had three “relationships”…I guess you’d call them that.
37) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
I don’t have one.
38) Where is your best friend?
I don’t have one.
39) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
Making dinner. ‘Cause normal sleeping/waking patterns are for LOSERS!
40) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
41) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
If my boss isn’t the type to understand such a situation if I were to explain it later, then I’m working for the wrong type of person.
42) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
b) Exactly what I’m doing now
c) Hell no
43) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
Sleepyhead! Even though it and all of its remixes remind me of Van Land.
44) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
Ask me that once I’ve found one.
45) How can I win your heart?
Don’t be a jerk. Have an obsession (for some reason I find that very attractive). Be a kind soul.
46) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
Don’t ask me, I’m nutso.
47) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
A SPECIFIC one? Probably to live with the guys in the house. There are several “strings” of decisions that go along with all my education crap, but I don’t know if those count.
48) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
“Here lies what was, for a moment, a bit of universe in the form of a human.”
49) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “heart.”
Drawing! ‘Cause I draw lots of hearts.
50) Basic question; what’s your favorite color/colors?
Orange, lime green, hot pink, yellow.
51) What is your current desktop picture?
The Companion Cube from Portal.
52) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
Spontaneous ‘Splosion McGee, son of TNT Terrence McGee and Ballistic Boom-Boom Barbara McGee (I need to lay off the sugar, yo).
54) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
I changed my mind. “She accidentally ate some radioactive vegetables” is the phrase I want on my tombstone.
Uh…superpower. Hmmm…can I have super-intelligence?
55) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
A specific half hour on July 25, 2009.
56) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
None of them. They’re all important.
57) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
Bach! (I don’t know)
58) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
59) Ever been on a plane?
60) Give me your top 5 hottest celebrities
Leibniz, Leibniz, Leibniz, Leibniz, and Leibniz.
Be honest, who texted you last?
Do you sleep with the bedroom door open or closed?
Closed. Unless Annabelle is down here. Then I leave it open so that she can get upstairs.
Do you drink tea?
Green tea is awesome.
Do you have plans for tomorrow?
I always have plans.
What’s worse: dry skin or chapped lips?
I can’t stand chapped lips.
Would you be surprised if Facebook started charging?
Would you rather go to Canada or California on vacation?
CANADALAND! It’s like Disneyland, but with Canadians. “Snow White and the Ten Provinces, eh?”
How many social media sites are you registered with?
Depends on what you consider a social media site. Two? Three?
Are you wearing jeans, shorts, sweatpants or pajama pants?
None of the above.
So, what if you changed lives for one day with the last person you texted?
That would be hilarious.
Last person you told a secret to?
I can’t even remember the last time I told someone a secret.
What are you listening to at the moment?
Achievement Hunter’s Let’s Play – Farm Simulator 2013.
Where was the last place you fell asleep other than your bed?
On the bus.
Is there someone that you believe you will always be attached to?
Are you going to any concerts this year?
Do you believe in Karma?
Hahaha, I read “Karma” as “Kelvin” and I was like “NO ABSOLUTE ZERO IS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY”
Have any memories that you’d like to forget?
Is there someone you really like to hang out with and just talk about stuff?
Have you ever been called prince or princess?
I don’t think so.
Do you think teenagers are weird?
We’re all weird.
How fast does your mood change?
Depends on the day.
How are you feeling?
Do you want someone to call you right now?
What do you always take with you?
Is your bed comfortable?
Would you say you’re an understanding person?
I try to be.
Are you generally a happy person?
Who’s in your facebook profile picture with you?
No one but myself.
Were you single on Valentines Day?
I’m always single.
What is the last movie you watched?
Do you listen to songs when you’re done?
Done with what?
How long does it take you to fall asleep at night?
Like two minutes.
Are you talkative?
What are your St. Patty’s day plans?
That was like five days ago.
So today sucked royally and I have nothing I want to say about it. So you get this nonsensically-answered survey. Deal.
This survey is entitled: “I’m sleep deprived and want to die”
1: What do you put on hotdogs?
2: Do you say “anticlimatic” or “anticlimactic”?
3: Do you check flyers before grocery shopping?
I used to in Van. I don’t here.
4: Blue, black, or some other colour pen ink?
RED LIKE BLOOD HAHAHAHAHAHA
5: Do you use your parking brake?
If I had a car I would.
6: Look to your left. How many framed pictures are on the wall?
7: Do you know how to play chess?
8: How often do you clean the interior of your car?
No vehicle for Claudia!
9: Do you ever read the last few pages first?
Dude, I just accidentally typed “Cclaudia” for the last question. That looks so cool.
10: Ever fallen in the shower?
HAHAHA I read that as “have you ever fallen for the shower?”
…the answer would still be “yes.”
11: On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to swear at other drivers?
12: What’s the worst thing you’ve ever called someone you care about?
I try not to call people I care about hurtful things.
13: Do you have a Snuggie?
14: Are you allergic to anything?
15: Do you have any TV shows on DVD?
16: How many times do you hit the snooze button before finally getting out of bed?
Snooze is for LOSERS!
17: Ever driven away in anger?
18: What’s your favourite freezie colour?
Freezie? You mean Otter Pop? I LOVE OTTER POPS! The blue ones are the best.
19: Are you a vegetarian?
I EAT SOULS
20: Do you have a garbage receptacle beside you? What’s on top?
I don’t. I have a couch.
21: Do you cross out your mistakes or erase/whiteout them?
Erase. Unless I’m writing in pen, of course.
23: Do you think that things will get better?
I really hope so.
24: Do you have an unpopular opinion? What is it?
Yes, and I’m not telling.
26: Did you/are you going to go to prom?
I did indeed go to prom.
27: What’s the most physically painful thing you’ve ever experienced?
I haven’t really experienced much physical pain.
28: What’s the most emotionally/mentally painful thing you’ve ever experienced?
29: Have you ever legitimately saved a person’s life?
30: What’s your favourite book genre?
Does “classic” count? If not, then I guess historical fiction.
31: Did you like “Gigli”? Be honest.
Never saw it.
32: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the theatre?
Isn’t that the traditional first step to get back home?
33: Do you peek between your fingers during the scary scenes?
Who said I hide behind them? YOU CALLIN’ ME A COWARD?!
34: What was your reaction to Tatum getting killed whilst stuck in the pet door in Scream?
That sounds disturbing.
35: Do dogs like you?
36: Would you say that you project an air of authority?
I seriously doubt it.
37: Do people listen when you speak?
I like to think the listen when I teach.
38: How are your elbows? Are they okay?
They’re touched that you would ask their current state.
39: What is one thing that you do exceptionally well? Be honest.
40: What historical figure would you like to have sex with?
Leibniz. INTEGRATION BY PARTS okay I’ll stop.
41: When was the last time you paid for music?
42: Are you addicted to technology?
Oh dear, yes.
43: Pick a person (you don’t need to give their name). How do you feel about them? Be as honest as you can get yourself to be.
I love ‘em.
45: How heavily to you rely on spellcheck and autocorrect?
Neverr! I’im a prefect speller!
46: Have you ever gotten into an argument on the internet? Did you win?
Yes and yes.
47: Do you pause movies/TV shows if you have to go to the bathroom or the kitchen, or do you just let them keep playing?
I just keep them playing. If it’s TV I just go during the commercials; if it’s a movie I’ve probably already got it memorized, so missing a few minutes is no big deal.
48: If you use a regular alarm clock, do you have it set to music or that obnoxious beeping?
The beeps, THE BEEPS!
49: Peter Pan?
50: How often do you fall up the stairs?
I don’ t think I’ve ever done that, as uncoordinated as I am.
51: Do you pronounce “anti” as ant-eye or ant-ee? (Example: “That scene was very anticlimactic.”)
52: Do you pronounce “via” as vee-uh or vie-uh? (Example: “We can get there via Tremont Street.”)
53: How often do you forget to close your parentheses?
NEVER! (Well, almost never (ha you see what I did there (oh god it doesn’t stop (FOR THE LOVE OF JEEBUS MAKE IT STOP
1: Do you notice a persons eye color?
If I’m close enough to them. Which is rare; no one wants to be face-to-face with me.
2: White, milk, or dark chocolate mocha?
I don’t like mocha.
3: If you could get a tattoo free, would you do it? what would it be?
Damn straight! And I’ve been trying to figure out a good design for years. Something with stats or Leibniz.
4: Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?
Small (Troy) and medium (Moscow). I had no complaints really, I just wanted to experience a big city.
5: Your favorite adult as a child? (and not your parents, if they were your favorite)
Probably Aunt Vicke. Or any number of my teachers.
6: What kind of smoothie sounds really good right now?
7: Most embarrassing moment from your elementary school years?
We used to do these Christian-themed musical plays every Christmas and spring. I always wanted an acting part, but I never got one until I was in fifth grade. And of course I botched my lines and made us skip about half the play. Did not get another acting part, that’s for sure.
8: Most embarrassing moment from your middle school years?
The VERY FIRST DAY of junior high I had to take the bus, and it was running like 15 minutes late. When I got to my first class the teacher made me stand there while she told me how irresponsible and disrespectful I was for being late the first day of class. I didn’t get a chance to justify my lateness until after class.
9: Most embarrassing moment from your high school years?
I don’t remember it, but when I was in the middle of taking an English quiz I apparently totally forgot who I was and where I was and Mr. Murray had to lead me to the office. I “woke up” there not knowing how I got there. MRI time!
10: Have you ever fired anyone?
11: Have you ever climbed a tree more than twenty feet off the ground?
Yes indeed. With knives! I miss Art Camp.
12: Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing set?
I freaking loved swinging, yo. I still do.
13: If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get?
Cats. Tons of them.
14: What’s your favorite place to relax?
What is this ”relax” thing?
15: What’s your most favorite part of your personality?
16: Madonna or Lady Gaga? Neither? Both? Who cares?
Lady Gaga is a badass.
17: Have you ever watched the Superbowl all the way through?
I don’t think so.
18: Have you ever watched any major sporting event live?
I was in marching band, so yes.
19: What’s the most delicious food you’ve ever eaten in your life?
I can’t think of anything right now.
20: Margarine or butter? Which did you grow up with?
Butter. I think I grew up with that too.
21: Would you swear in front of your parents?
I try not to. It’s awkward.
22: Which continents have you been on?
North America and Europe.
23: Do you get motion sickness? Any horror stories?
I used to. It was pretty bad. But the busses cured it!
24: Why did you name your blog whatever you named your blog?
Because “Eigenblogger” sounds cool and pretty much describes this blog.
25: Would you wear a rainbow jacket? A neon yellow sweater? Checkered pants?
Yes, yes, yes.
26: What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Post a picture if you can.
Talespin was my absolute favorite.
27: In a past life I must have been a…
Leibniz stalker. OH WAIT
28: If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Vancouver was pretty when it wasn’t pouring misery.
29: Longest plane ride you’ve ever been on?
Seattle to London.
30: The longest you’ve ever slept?
Like a week. Thanks, Remeron.
31: Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures? Would you wear it if someone gave it you for free?
I don’t like sweaters much.
32: Do you pluck your eyebrows?
No. They look like fuzzy caterpillars and I’m okay with that.
33: Favorite kind of bean? Kidney? Black? Pinto?
I don’t like beans much.
34: How far can you throw a baseball?
Probably not very far.
35: If you had to move to another country, where would you move?
Antarctica! Or Sweden if that doesn’t count.
36: Have you ever eaten Ethiopian food? Vietnamese? Korean? Nepalese? How was it?
I had Vietnamese in Vancouver. It wasn’t bad.
37: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Lots. Lots and lots of wood.
Yes, I know that sounds dirty.
This semester’s going to be rough.
I don’t say that because I don’t think I can handle the classes (I’m like 88% sure I will be able to handle them; it’s only 15 credits anyway). I say it because every class I’m taking is in a subject where I could spend hours and hours and hours obsessing over the homework. Which is cool, and is really the point of college—after all, why bother with higher education if you’re not studying something about which you’re passionate?—but can lend itself to problems if I were to get so insanely focused on one class’s homework that I accidentally neglect my other classes. Which is a real possibility, ’cause you know how obsessive I get.
And I already dig C++. A lot more similar to R programming than I was expecting.
And now, what time is it?
ADVENTURE TIME! SURVEY TIME!
1) What is your occupation?
2)What colour are your socks now?
My feet are naked, yo!
3)What are you listening to now?
My Rage Quit playlist on YouTube.
4)What was the last thing you ate?
A Wasa flatbread with hummus.
5)Can you drive a stick shift?
6)Last person you spoke to on phone?
7)Do you like the person who sent you this?
I lifted this from some random blog, so I have no idea.
8)How old are you today?
9)What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?
I’m not much of a sport person. OOOH WAIT FIGURE SKATING!
10)What are your favourite drinks?
Water. Red Bull.
11)Have you ever dyed your hair?
Once. I put streaks of red in. They stayed in there forever until I dyed them out with black.
13)Last movie watched?
14)Favourite day of the year?
Any day but April Fool’s. I freaking hate April 1st.
15)How do you vent out your anger?
16)Favourite toy as a child?
I had these 26 little chirping chicks that I accumulated over several Easters. I had one name for each letter of the alphabet.
18)Do you want your friends to email you?
Nobody ever does, so meh.
19)When was the last time you cried?
20)What is on the floor of your closet?
Most of my possessions.
21)Who is the friend you have had the longest?
22)What did you do last night?
23)What are you most afraid of?
24)Plain,cheese or spicy hamburger?
25)Favourite dog breed?
I’m not a dog person.
26)Favorite day of the week?
27)How many states have you lived in?
Two (plus two Canadian provinces).
28)Diamond or pearl?
29)What is your wish for this new year?
To not be as big of a failure as I currently am.
30)New year resolutions?
So after the kilogram news a couple days ago I’ve been reading a lot about the SI units. I totally should make a superhero team (The SI Squad?) with members named after the SI units. Like Captain Kelvin, Senor Second, Lady Candela, The Mole, etc. They battle the group of villains known as the Imperial Units. The evil Dr. Foot, the Ferocious Fathom, the Malicious Mile, etc.
So totally drawing these guys. Or at least making them in HeroMachine.
Oh, and here’s a random survey.
What are you currently reading?
Philosophers at War, which is about the calculus controversy (no, this will never end now), and The Remains of the Day, which is actually rather hilarious at points.
Describe your life in exactly 10 words.
School and teaching and hopefully overwriting some of my ignorance.
When is your birthday?
Are you in a relationship?
What’s your favorite movie?
I love Sunshine, man. It stole my soul.
Are you a risk-taker?
In my own way, yes.
Are you happy with your body?
I’m happy with my immune system. That’s about it.
What’s something that you’ve never had?
A non-dysfunctional romantic relationship.
If someone knew absolutely nothing about the internet, what one thing would you show them to explain what the internet is?
You know it’s true.
If you had a time machine that could only travel backwards, what time would you travel to?
1650. I’ll give you one guess as to why.
Have you ever spent the night in a hospital?
Twice. Only one of those two times was I coherent enough to realize I was in the hospital.
Have you cried this week?
I cry all the time, man.
Do you like beets?
Beets are badass.
We’re nearing that time. You know the drill.
1: What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
2: Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um, probably a little more than half of them. That’s another thing I’ve got to blog about before 2012 closes.
3: Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but like 20 of my friends got pregnant/had a significant other who got pregnant.
4: Did anyone close to you die?
No, not this year I don’t think.
5: What countries did you visit?
NONE! Screw travel, man, I’m sick of it.
6: What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More personal success in a couple different areas.
7: What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don’t think there were any significant specific dates.
8: What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting the best job EVER while still being able to go back to school.
9: What was your biggest failure?
The fact that I’m still me.
10: Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’m pretty mental, but I’ve been like that for years now.
11: What was the best thing you bought?
VAIO III! Though I guess my dad bought that for me, haha. Then my shiny new iPod Touch.
12: Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have no idea. Honestly, I’ve been so reclusive this year that I don’t really have a set base of people I could even choose from for this question.
13: Whose behavior made you appalled?
14: Where did most of your money go?
Tuition! And stuff that shall not be spoken of.
15: What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going back to school. SO. WONDERFUL.
16: What song will always remind you of 2012?
Some Nights by Fun.
18: What do you wish you’d done more of?
19: What do you wish you’d done less of?
20: How did you spend Christmas?
Skyping my mom and opening our presents “together.”
21: Did you fall in love in 2012?
Just with my job.
22: What was your favorite TV program?
I still love Metalocalypse, yo.
23: Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone.
24: What was the best book you read?
The Calculus Wars. Obscenely fascinating stuff.
25: What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn’t really discover any new artists, but I discovered a BUNCH of new songs. You shall read about them on the 31st.
26: What did you want and get?
Badass schooling. Badass job.
27: What did you want and not get?
28: What was your favorite film of this year?
ZOMG, SUNSHINE. Even though that came out in 2007. I don’t care.
29: What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
30: How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
What is this “fashion”?
31: What kept you sane?
32: Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Leibniz! Yes, he counts.
33: What political issue stirred you the most?
The Presidential election! Romney was…ew.
34: Who did you miss?
My mom. She needs to get back to Moscow!
35: Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Sometimes things just work out. Just be patient.