Walked 8 miles in the single-digit weather today.
Probably not one of my smartest moves.
At least I’m almost to 1,300 miles now. Probably not going to get to 1,500 for the year, but I’m gonna freaking try!
(Now to sit next to the space heater and play Minecraft)
Things that cheer me up:
- Teaching stats. Lots and lots of stats.
- Leibniz. Lots and lots of Leibniz. (Naked.)
- Rage Quit.
- AH in general.
- The Hitler in Captain Planet video.
And the comments on the Hitler in Captain Planet video:
- People going back in time to sell Hitler the atomic bomb is my top environmental issue too.
- Why the fuck does Hitler have a Hulk Hogan moustache?
- why the sweet hell does Hitler have a fu-manchu mustache?!
- Well there you have it. Those other kids can have their strong ring powers. Mati headbutted Hitler. All further arguments are invalid…
- What in the actual jumping monkeyfuck?
- Two perfectly weak windows to bust through, Captain chooses the wall.
- I can’t get over the fact that captain planet is so lame, you can literally defeat him by simply *hating* him hard enough.
- If you can’t trust Adolf Hitler, who the hell can you trust?
- those goofy Nazis
- Captain planet has the right idea, throw all of our problems INTO SPACE!!!
- The Furher does not barter. He CONQUERS!
- hahaha ‘stop bidding or else ill invade you’ wish i could use that on ebay
1. School + Peoples
It took awhile to get into this semester for me, but now everything seems to be falling into place nicely (and will hopefully stay that way).
Also, math people are bundles of nerdy fun. Last semester I was taking classes that were mostly full of CS people and…ugh. Our personalities did not mesh at all. But there are several people—especially in Linear Algebra and Proofs—who I talk to on a regular basis. Which is a pretty rare thing for me.
This is the cutest freaking commercial ever, even though I don’t think it’s intended to be.
NNNNNNNF I want to WRITE but I have NO IDEAS WHATSOEVER. I’m terrified about our next story due in Fiction.
Of course, I didn’t have any ideas until two days before my first story was due and I managed to crap something out, so who knows.
Also, this anxiety needs to die.
Let’s put my 10,000 Days goal into some perspective: I am approximately 25.5 years old. Do you know how many days I’ve been alive?
9,340, counting today.
Nine thousand, three hundred and forty days.
So if I had been blogging from the day I was born, I still wouldn’t have reached my goal yet.
That is like eight levels of psycho.
As it stands, I’ve got about 20 years of blogging to go before I hit 10,000 posts. That is a long, long time, my friends. Think it’ll happen? I hope so!
(Haha, sorry, I don’t have anything exciting to talk about today.)
So I was dicking around with drawing ideas this evening and eventually started thinking about something cool to do with the zodiac signs. I was scribbling Aquarius’ sign everywhere when I considered how similar it looks to the “approximately equals” sign.
Which led to this:
I wanted to find commonly-used math symbols that best matched the shape of the actual zodiac symbols to give you MATH ZODIAC, but for some of them I had to take a little artistic license. Virgo and Scorpio, I’m looking at you (yes, I just took Virgo’s “M” shape and made it an “N,” deal with it).
And for those of you screaming, “hey u cant mix mathz with pseudoscience SHAME lolz,” I say, “screw you.” Plus, now instead of saying “Taurus” when people ask you your sign, now you can reply “Universal Quantifier!” and confuse the hell out of them. Upturned A’s are cooler than bulls anyway.
Also, as I was waking up this morning, I swear I was trying to explain Euler’s Identity to my cat. Not sure how successful I was considering I was half asleep and she’s a cat.
Formulating a plan for the next 1-2 years. Hopefully good things will come of it. But who knows.
Anyway, I’m bored tonight and don’t have too much of substance to say (but what else is new?). So here’s stuff:
- I like to imagine that Descartes disliked polar coordinates.
- I’ve seen a lot of hilarious stuff on the internet, but this is still one of the greatest. Posted it before, but I randomly stumbled upon it today, so I’m posting it again.
- Beautiful song or ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS song?
- The article is decent, but the comments are hilarious.
- This commercial is great.
- AND I’ve had the “Mr. Booze” song from Family Guy stuck in my head ALL DAY even though I haven’t seen that episode in a long time. You have to admit it’s catchy.
I have a bad habit of writing random notes to myself in the middle of Word documents containing stories/research papers/etc.
Like, I just tack the note onto the end of a paragraph, regardless of said paragraph’s contents.
Example: so this fanfic…it’s like 130 pages and it’s gotten really, really dark, right? Around page 80, there’s this huge scene where the characters are talking about self-harm. At the end of one particularly emotionally-charged paragraph I have in all caps: “JOHN UPDIKE LOOKS LIKE A BAMF.” (well, he does.)
And then a couple pages later: “BUY SHAMPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”
More somber and much more important news. God, look at that thing:
That’s so depressing I don’t even have words.
So early this morning I posted on my Tumblr a set of screenshots of Wolfram Alpha jokes.
And then this happened this afternoon:
Freaking Wolfram Alpha! Holy crap. Highlight of my day!
Most peoples’ Tumblrs: Dr. Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter.
My Tumblr: Math, Wolfram Alpha, Leibniz.
(I’m going to die alone, aren’t I?)