My very awesome friend over at Mathematically Confused nominated me for a Versatile Blog Award. Check out her blog!
Nominate 10 other blogs. Inform them about their nominations. Share 7 random things about yourself. Thank the blogger who nominated you. Put the Versatile Blogger Award picture in your post.
1. I’m very in-tune with who I am. I’ve never felt like I’ve had to “find myself.”
2. It really, really bothers me—irrationally so—when people screw up a quote from a book or TV show or movie or the like. Even if they just leave out one little word.
3. I had a professional aptitude testing done when I was in high school. Apparently my aptitudes are perfect for architecture. Too bad I have no interest in it, haha.
4. (Related to fact #2?) I am a definite auditory learner. The things that stick in my memory longest are things that I acquired via some sort of auditory medium, like a show or a song or a video lecture. Back in undergrad I always assigned a specific song to each class and recited the class material to the tune of the song in order to study for tests.
5. I see a type of beauty in urban sprawl. Last summer when I was flying into LA to see my grandma we passed over these insanely intricate looping highways and overpasses…I remember thinking how beautiful it was.
6. I berate myself 24/7. It motivates me.
7. I don’t know if this is unique to me or is just the way children perceive speech, but up until I was about 10 years old I really had a hard time understanding what people were saying in movies and on TV (and in songs). To my ears, they weren’t saying words, they were just creating music and rhythms with their voices. Like I remember watching Talespin a lot as a kid. Rewatching some of the episodes as an adult, I could still remember the exact inflections and cadences of the characters’ voices, but felt like the actual words were something I’d never heard before. If that makes any sense.
Believe it or not, in my nearly six years of blogging, I don’t actually formally follow any other blogs (bad Claudia, bad!). So I’ll use this post to pledge to actually follow some of the people I regularly stalk and nominate several of them sometime soon.