1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
From Moscow (Idaho), living in Tucson.
2. Favorite childhood story/book/film?
Dr. Seuss’s A Fly Went By. Freaking LOVED that book. I had it memorized and could
3. If you could change gender for a day what would you do?
I’d run around without my shirt on. I’d be awesome. I wouldn’t want to change back at the end of the day.
4. Do you feel you family is complete or would you like more/some children?
Kids are scary.
5. What do you do/Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
Right now I’m doing e-text (making PDF copies of textbooks readable by text-to-speech programs for students who need books in audio format). It’s…um…tedious.
6. Which three words do you think sum you up?
Obsessive, odd, knowledge-seeking (that counts as one word!).
7. If you were a fairy what magical powers would you possess?
I’d like to be able to fly (with wings or without). And move stuff without picking it up. Telekinesis. Do fairies get that?
8. If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why?
I’d stalk the crap out of a few people, not gonna lie. I wouldn’t do anything malicious, though, and I’d give them their space.
9. What song can’t you listen to without crying?
10. Which book changed your life – or at least made you think a lot?
Voltaire’s Candide. I think it was such an impactful book in part because it was the first book I read in a class that put it into context—historically, artistically, politically, and culturally. It just made it that much more interesting. Plus it’s Voltaire, man, seriously.
11. Why do you blog?
It keeps me sane, believe it or not.
12. What is your top ‘me-time’ tip?
Schedule it after you’ve accomplished all your other goals for the day. It’ll be that much more special.
13. What can’t you live without?
A way to get the ideas out of my head and out into the world (even if I keep most of them to myself).
14. Which of all your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
This one. I wrote it all in one go one night long ago and it makes me happy.
15. Have you ever met a famous person? Who and where?
Nope, never have.
16. When did you last have a full nights sleep?
Like, the 8 hours thing? It’s been awhile.
17. What would you think is harder: Going to work or staying at home with children?
Depends on the work. Depends on how obnoxious your kids are.
18. What are you doing for Easter?
Probably nothing special.
19. What is your favorite drink?
Apart from water? RED BULL!
20. Do you play any sports?
HA. I’d like to play baseball/softball though, that’d be fun.
21. What is your most embarrassing moment?
22. How clever are you?
Depends on my mood. And how much sugar I’ve had.
23. Name a new favorite TV show?
A new one? I haven’t really discovered any new TV shows that I consider favorites. I’ll just say Metalocalypse.
24. Any guilty pleasures?
Too many. One of them is Leibniz.
25. If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be?
I like my name.
26. Who do you most admire in life, and why?
I admire my mom. She’s put up with a lot of crap in her life and she’s still chugging along fantastically. Yay mom!
27. What is your most treasured possession?
My USB drive with all my stuff on it (drawings, writing, music, blogs, pictures, etc.).
28. What’s been your worst injury?
I don’t know if appendicitis counts as an injury…so I’ll say the time I fell off the slide and got a concussion. OR the time I sledded into a frozen clod of dirt and got a concussion.
29. What is your biggest fear in life?
Regretting my decisions, especially those I’ve made in the past couple of months (whether I wanted to or not).
30. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? What does it remind you of?
Oreo. It reminds me of when I lived back in Moscow. Every Thursday night my mom, dad, and I would go out to dinner somewhere and then my mom and I would go to Baskin Robbins and eat ice cream while sitting in the car in the parking lot.