So I suppose it’s that time of the year for reviewing old New Year’s Resolutions and defining new ones.
So let’s get to it!
OUT WITH THE OLD:
- FAILED: Contribute substantially to a Wikipedia article. I actually have quite a bit I can say to add to Wiki’s already existing page on the CFI, but I’ve never actually added anything to a Wiki page (just corrected typos/grammatical errors), so the prospect of doing anything more makes me nervous.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Blog daily. Haha, we all knew this one’d keep.
- FAILED: Come up with a new recipe weekly. Haha. Yeah.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Go skydiving. This was AWEOSME and I totally want to do it again.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Get my MA degree. YAY.
- FAILED: Learn conversational German. Haha, yeah right.
- SORT OF ACCOMPLISHED: Complete the 5,000 question survey. I’m getting there. It’s not like I haven’t been inundating you all with the 100-question segments all year.
- FAILED: Answer the “50 questions that will free your mind” survey question thingy. Totally forgot to do this.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Malls are both fascinating and scary; therefore I shall see Vancouver via walking by walking to a new mall every weekend. Search “Canadian Mall” and ye shall find what I’ve reviewed.
- FAILED: Go a week without electricity. Couldn’t do it in Van ‘cause it was thesis crunch time, didn’t do it in London ‘cause I was busy spazzing, and by the time I got back to Moscow it was getting dark too early in the day and Claudia + candles = imminent disaster.
- FAILED: Go a week without consuming any dairy products. I kept wanting to do this, but then kept automatically adding feta to my pasta/dairy product-containing dressing to my salad.
- SORT OF ACCOMPLISHED: Do something with Prime. In progress.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Go back to St. Mary’s once. Saw the new band room. It kicks ass.
- FAILED: Read Newton’s Principia (and hope Leibniz’ ghost doesn’t kill me in my sleep). I suck.
- FAILED: Actually pay attention to how much money I spend. HAHA.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Win NaNoWriMo 2011. Though I’m not proud of this year’s story.
- ACCOMPLISHED: Get better with R. You don’t have 100+ plots in your thesis and NOT get better with R.
Conclusion: I suck.
IN WITH THE NEW:
- Fix the “issues.”
- Get a job.
- Return to acquiring knowledge in a formal setting.
- Start and maintain a stats blog.
- Improve with R.
- Go without dairy for a week.
- Go without electricity for a week.
Walk 1,200 milesPfft, screw that mediocrity. Walk 2,500 miles.
- Continue my 365 Days of Music project.
- Blog daily.
- Win NaNoWriMo 2012.
- Continue “doing something” with Prime.
- Complete the 5,000 question survey.
- Probably other stuff I’m forgetting at the moment.