Well, it’s that time of the year. The anniversary of my blog. But this isn’t any regular anniversary.
This is five years.
That’s right. I started blogging five years ago on May 1st, 2006.
At one blog per day, that’s 1,826 blogs. Doesn’t seem like that many when put like that, in my opinion, but there you go.
Anyway. Here are the last five years of my life as put down on paper (note: that’s a 7” thick binder):
- The last five years of my life weigh a total of 10.4 pounds and stacks up a little bit shorter than a Red Bull
- Total word count: 479,955
- Total number of pages (1.25” margins, 10-point Times New Roman): 1,552
- Year with the longest daily entries: May 2007 – May 2008
- Number of people who actually care about these stats apart from myself: 0
Whatever. It’s my blog, I can post what I want!
And you know what I want. Stats!
Here’s a month-by-month line graph of word count:
Here’s one of the Gunning Fox Index rating of each month:
And one of the average number of words per sentence for each month:
A Wordle cloud for all the blogs:
A Wordle cloud for all the titles:
I was hoping to have transferred all the “friends only” blogs from MySpace by today (they didn’t automatically transfer when I moved to WordPress, so I’ve been doing it by hand), but that unfortunately wasn’t possible. They’ll all be here soon, though.